LDR Advice Watch

kiwishots
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello, I'm from America and I have a boyfriend who lives in Sweden. We've met in person before and have dated for over a year.

We're going to be going to university in August and I was wondering if there is a way I can study in Sweden with him for free or for a small fee. Or if he could come here? Which would be best?

Also, can this LDR work? What are your Uni schedules like? We have a 7 hour time difference.

Please advise me.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by kiwishots)
Hello, I'm from America and I have a boyfriend who lives in Sweden. We've met in person before and have dated for over a year.

We're going to be going to university in August and I was wondering if there is a way I can study in Sweden with him for free or for a small fee. Or if he could come here? Which would be best?

Also, can this LDR work? What are your Uni schedules like? We have a 7 hour time difference.

Please advise me.
I don't know much about Swedish or American universities, but if you're going in August surely you've already applied and got places etc. so it's unlikely you'll be able to do anything this year. As for what's best, that depends on you guys and your circumstances.

My boyfriend is in America and I'm in the UK, we also have a 7 hour difference. I'm at uni in the UK. We've been together since last summer, and it's been going well. You can make it work. You need to put in a lot of effort. Video chat each other whenever you can. My boyfriend calls me to wake me up, I do the same for him. We call for at least 3 hours a day, messaging when we can't call. You need to communicate about everything, down to what you eat for breakfast. The more you talk, the more it'll close the distance a bit. Also try to visit each other whenever you can. I visited my boyfriend over Christmas, and I'm going back this summer. Good luck.
kiwishots
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I don't know much about Swedish or American universities, but if you're going in August surely you've already applied and got places etc. so it's unlikely you'll be able to do anything this year. As for what's best, that depends on you guys and your circumstances.

My boyfriend is in America and I'm in the UK, we also have a 7 hour difference. I'm at uni in the UK. We've been together since last summer, and it's been going well. You can make it work. You need to put in a lot of effort. Video chat each other whenever you can. My boyfriend calls me to wake me up, I do the same for him. We call for at least 3 hours a day, messaging when we can't call. You need to communicate about everything, down to what you eat for breakfast. The more you talk, the more it'll close the distance a bit. Also try to visit each other whenever you can. I visited my boyfriend over Christmas, and I'm going back this summer. Good luck.
How long have you guys been dating? I'm moving to michigan College so it'll be a 5 - 6 hr difference, would that be better? He said he'd wait for me, just sucks real bad that we have to be apart How's your schedule like?
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by kiwishots)
How long have you guys been dating? I'm moving to michigan College so it'll be a 5 - 6 hr difference, would that be better? He said he'd wait for me, just sucks real bad that we have to be apart How's your schedule like?
We've been together since last summer. The time difference will vary in how much it suits you. My schedule is fairly flexible so we manage quite well.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (59)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (38)
9.77%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (74)
19.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
15.17%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (43)
11.05%
How can I be the best version of myself? (116)
29.82%

Watched Threads