Dannymoville
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
At the moment, I am sitting on a first class honours degree in my final year of my course. I have been offered a job as long as I get a 2.1 classification in my degree.

My GPA is 77.66% and a 2.1 is 60 to 69% so I'm worried that I won't fall within that bracket of 2.1.

I am working hard and putting everything into it. Should it be hard to ensure that I stay in the 1.1, 2.1 bracket in order to get the job?
TomW624
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
First of all if this is honest then getting a 1st wouldn't matter 2:1 will be the minimum you are required to attain.

Second I kinda hope this is just a really poor attempt at a humble brag because anyone who's definitely getting a 1st would know what the job offer means...

Third...
Spoiler:
Show

trolling poorly?
Dannymoville
Rep:
?
No I am just self conscious of my ability to get what I need. I am just asking an honest question. I'm not trying to brag about anything
Dannymoville
Rep:
?
If assignments and exams do not go well, the grade can drop. So I am just asking what's the likelihood it would drop so far that id miss the cut so to speak.
TomW624
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dannymoville)
No I am just self conscious of my ability to get what I need. I am just asking an honest question. I'm not trying to brag about anything
Ok i see that you edited it now. Originally your post read like you wanted to drop from the 1st bracket down to the 2:1 bracket, my apologies.

You're currently 8% into the 1st bracket and given your GPA you would need to drop a whole 18% to not get at least a 2:1 so assuming you keep going like you are or put even more effort in i am going to assume you'll do just fine
Dannymoville
Rep:
?
Yes , thank you, that's all I was wondering. Just keep working at it I guess then and it should be fine.

Thanks for your help
Lily048
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What’s the job you’ve been offered?
Dannymoville
Rep:
?
Its a technology development program. Its a paid internship for a year basically. But they just specified a 2.1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?