jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It really feels like it what with British fighter jets on stand by in Cyprus and the international community planning to launch cruse missiles into Syria I agree that Assad isn't a good guy and has committed some horrible crimes against humanity, but if he's prepared to use chemical weapons against his own people what is he prepared to do to people at war with him i mean do they have Nukes or long range Rockets can they reach the UK and I worry about our brave boy's and girls that will be out there being exposed not just to bullets and bombs but chemical weapons suffering horrible slow painful death or at least getting life changing injury from some of those weapons.

I guess I'm just a bit scared about what now seems to be coming and what Assads response will be and what it means for the general public.
yourjewishpal
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, the UK has somewhat been at war with Syria for a while, but more so on the ISIS side
This may be a puppet war for the USA and Russia (Who said the Cold War as dead?), but I doubt much will come to British citizens. Syria doesn't have nukes (that are known of), but Russia may give them some if they feel it to be needed. the likely hood of Britain being a target is low, so you don't need to worry as much :biggrin:
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
War/escalation is looking v likely, we've been begging to start another one for the last few years with Russia & Syria and everyone's all good and angry. Not saying these countries don't have their crimes, but we really have been repeatedly provoking them. (Nothing at ALL to do with wartime governments not generally being voted out, and our government about to collapse and needing any distraction it can get)

I don't see much in the way of boots-on-ground invasions, but UK could certainly take a few strikes as a USA Proxy (We lash out in Syria to provoke Russia, what's to stop them doing the same to us to provoke the US? Our forces aren't worth a **** against the Ruskis and a lot of people would see the UK getting a skelp as 'Serves the s**tstirring jacket holders right'. Just my opinion of course.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They've been there for months.
Just my opinion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You should be more worried about how many of the nearly 3,000,000 Muslims living here would be radicalised enough to take terrorist action if we went to war with an Islamic state.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
You should be more worried about how many of the nearly 3,000,000 Muslims living here would be radicalised enough to take terrorist action if we went to war with an Islamic state.
...again.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
According to Trump we might well be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.86%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (46)
27.71%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
40.96%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.01%

Watched Threads