The Student Room Group

Aqa English language paper 1 q5 help????

Hi guys so if I think of two interesting stories could I apply that to whatever it asks me and write it down??????
Original post by Aleshadavis2611
Hi guys so if I think of two interesting stories could I apply that to whatever it asks me and write it down??????

Hey, it depends, you could but the theme given could be on anything which might put you at risk, the key for question five is to use imagery, emotive language, vary sentence types which worked for me :smile:

just practice writing beforehand, if you're stuck on ideas, use a site like http://writingexercises.co.uk/index.php
I think thats risky. It would be better to just practise descriptive writing instead and make sure you know all the techniques.

Here is what I did to secure 39/40 in Q5 of my mock:

I went onto my exam boards website (AQA) and found a specimen paper. I did question 5 with aid of the internet, picking out devices and emotive uses of language within descriptive writing pieces and novels. I gave it to my teacher to mark, telling him that I did this with aid of the internet, and asked him not to give me a grade but to highlight and or section where I have used good descriptive phrases and language.

What I did was revise and remember the way these phrases were formed and fluctuated them into my answer in my mock adapting them when necessary.

Sure this method is time consuming but it definitely works and I would definitely recommend you try it.
Original post by RonnieEl7
Here is what I did to secure 39/40 in Q5 of my mock:

I went onto my exam boards website (AQA) and found a specimen paper. I did question 5 with aid of the internet, picking out devices and emotive uses of language within descriptive writing pieces and novels. I gave it to my teacher to mark, telling him that I did this with aid of the internet, and asked him not to give me a grade but to highlight and or section where I have used good descriptive phrases and language.

What I did was revise and remember the way these phrases were formed and fluctuated them into my answer in my mock adapting them when necessary.

Sure this method is time consuming but it definitely works and I would definitely recommend you try it.

Yeah I guess I’m doing similar ideas!! Like I’m going through stories and one of them had the word “pulchritude” in and I was like what on earth??? And it means beauty so now I remember that so I’m gonna try and thrown in “the raw PULCHRITUDE of nature” and I like to write gloomy stories so I found this phrase the other day “surge of pure, undiluted happiness” so i’ll Add that in and so yeah I’m not sure if you know what I mean but im picking little phrases out that i’ll Remember x

Quick Reply

Latest