Online relationship!!!!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So the situation is that last year and the year before i was IN LOVE with one of my best friends and because of that I distanced myself from her and in doing that i also distanced myself from all of my other friends. Because i was struggling with issues about my own sexuality and i couldn’t talk to any of my friends because i was so distant from them i created a twitter account and joined several group chats to make friends. Now a few months later i have made great friends and also i have got a girlfriend. The problem is that she lives on a whole other continent and as we are both very young it would be hard for us to meet. I am her first girl relationship and she is mine and she has said she is IN LOVE with me and although i am not IN love with her, i do LOVE her and care about her romantically. I am terrified of hurting her and of getting hurt myself since i know how painful that is and i dont know if i should break up with her now since I really do not want to lose a friendship (i talk to her all day every day) even though it’ll be hard because i like her, or if i should keep dating her even though im so scared of us not working out and me hurting her.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So the situation is that last year and the year before i was IN LOVE with one of my best friends and because of that I distanced myself from her and in doing that i also distanced myself from all of my other friends. Because i was struggling with issues about my own sexuality and i couldn’t talk to any of my friends because i was so distant from them i created a twitter account and joined several group chats to make friends. Now a few months later i have made great friends and also i have got a girlfriend. The problem is that she lives on a whole other continent and as we are both very young it would be hard for us to meet. I am her first girl relationship and she is mine and she has said she is IN LOVE with me and although i am not IN love with her, i do LOVE her and care about her romantically. I am terrified of hurting her and of getting hurt myself since i know how painful that is and i dont know if i should break up with her now since I really do not want to lose a friendship (i talk to her all day every day) even though it’ll be hard because i like her, or if i should keep dating her even though im so scared of us not working out and me hurting her.
This thread is going to turn into a shitfest really quickly.

All I can say is be honest with her. You don't want to hurt her, but leading her on is going to hurt her more in the long run.
EmilyH1256
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Long distance is hard to do and u guys never even met before.. I say keep it just friends ...
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you can see an end to the distance, then keep going. However you've said yourself it'll be difficult to meet. There's no point getting romantically involved with someone if you don't think you will eve meet them.
FuniNicki291
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EmilyH1256)
Long distance is hard to do and u guys never even met before.. I say keep it just friends ...
I definitely agree because for all you know, she might be a creepy he or something
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tootles)
This thread is going to turn into a shitfest really quickly.

All I can say is be honest with her. You don't want to hurt her, but leading her on is going to hurt her more in the long run.
I wouldnt say im leading her on and i havent said i am in love with her so she doesnt think i am but I really dont want to lose her she’s perfect in every single way and i cant imagine what id do without her
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FuniNicki291)
I definitely agree because for all you know, she might be a creepy he or something
She isnt. We face time at least once a week for hours (we face time more during the holidays ect but its hard bc of time zones) and ive spoken to all of her friends and they all know who i am and that we are dating. Shes very honest about me and v loyal
EmilyH1256
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Right lol could be like an old man or something .. but seriously tho think it should just stay friend atleast until they get older and can met in person...
Anonymous #1
I am the original poster: just want to clarify that i do know for certain that she is who she said she is: we face time at least once a week for hours and i have seen her mom on face time (although she doesnt know we are dating (and neither do my parents)). I have also talked to her friends on ft too and they all know that we are dating. I also dont think that i am leading her on and its not like i have told her that i am in love with her, but I really dont want to lose her. She is 100% perfect in every way and she helps me so much idk what i would do without her
Sally__O01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am the original poster: just want to clarify that i do know for certain that she is who she said she is: we face time at least once a week for hours and i have seen her mom on face time (although she doesnt know we are dating (and neither do my parents)). I have also talked to her friends on ft too and they all know that we are dating. I also dont think that i am leading her on and its not like i have told her that i am in love with her, but I really dont want to lose her. She is 100% perfect in every way and she helps me so much idk what i would do without her and i am scared to break up with her because I really like her and she loves me and i do not want to hurt her
FuniNicki291
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sally__O01)
I am the original poster: just want to clarify that i do know for certain that she is who she said she is: we face time at least once a week for hours and i have seen her mom on face time (although she doesnt know we are dating (and neither do my parents)). I have also talked to her friends on ft too and they all know that we are dating. I also dont think that i am leading her on and its not like i have told her that i am in love with her, but I really dont want to lose her. She is 100% perfect in every way and she helps me so much idk what i would do without her and i am scared to break up with her because I really like her and she loves me and i do not want to hurt her
I think you need to tell your parents about you dating her because if they find out, I am not sure they would be happy that you didn't tell them
Sally__O01
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you need to tell your parents about you dating her because if they find out, I am not sure they would be happy that you didn't tell them
Theres no way for them to find out but i cannot as i havent come out to them
FuniNicki291
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Theres no way for them to find out but i cannot as i havent come out to them
ok then at least they know you are a lesbian
Sally__O01
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ok then at least they know you are a lesbian
I said i HAVENT come out to them - they dont know
EmilyH1256
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Atleast you knows it really here... but just tell her you guys are young u won’t be able to see each no time soon so maybe u should stay friends until u are older .
FuniNicki291
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I said i HAVENT come out to them - they dont know

OOO Iam so sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads