123-Rn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am applying for student finance this year and I have no bank account can I use my parents bank account but change it when I make a bank account?
As I do not think I have enough time to make a bank account and apply for student finance.
Thank you
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 123-Rn)
I am applying for student finance this year and I have no bank account can I use my parents bank account but change it when I make a bank account?
As I do not think I have enough time to make a bank account and apply for student finance.
Thank you
Hi 123-Rn,

Student Finance can still process your application without bank details we will still assess you for funding.You can apply without a bank account and update these at a later date.
Student Finance regulations state that we require a bank account in the student name in order for payments to be made, we cannot pay into a 3rd party bank account.

Thanks

Louise
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 123-Rn)
Thank you
It should take no more than half an hour to set up a bank account. It does not have to be specifically a student bank account, just an ordinary account is fine. Pop into your local branch of whichever bank you choose and you can create an account then and there. They probably need a deposit to go into your bank but that'll be like £1. It'll be worth it to do it now, instead of in the summer to save you scrambling around trying to get an account in time for your finance to be paid into.
Sanuzo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, quick question my student finance has been paid into my dads account for the past year as he looks after it for me so that I don’t blow it all at once . I wasn’t aware that you’re not allowed to do this because it’s says on the application it just needs account number and sort code and nothing about who the account belongs to .. I’m slightly scared does this mean it’s classified as fraud ?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sanuzo)
Hi, quick question my student finance has been paid into my dads account for the past year as he looks after it for me so that I don’t blow it all at once . I wasn’t aware that you’re not allowed to do this because it’s says on the application it just needs account number and sort code and nothing about who the account belongs to .. I’m slightly scared does this mean it’s classified as fraud ?
Hi, if we find out then your funding will be blocked. I suggest you change your bank details as soon as possible to prevent this as we regularly do audits so this could be picked up soon.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.75%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads