EmzMurraayxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
anyone be able to actually help a gal out with how to do a 10 marker??

not gonna lie but I couldn't even do an 8 marker in nat 5 so yeah im struggling vvvvvvv much
Piplup7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EmzMurraayxx)
anyone be able to actually help a gal out with how to do a 10 marker??

not gonna lie but I couldn't even do an 8 marker in nat 5 so yeah im struggling vvvvvvv much
Hey! At school I am taught a specific way to do the 10 marker. I am currently doing Higher English this year btw.

For the first two marks, you would talk about whatever you’re doing the 10 marker on (I’m doing poetry) like a comparison or similarity between the two poems and explain briefly what they are about.

For the next two marks if you were given a poem in the exam (let’s say My Rival’s House by Liz Lochhead for example), then you would analyse two quotes from the poem that the SQA gives you in the paper.

For the final six marks, you would analyse six quotes - if you can - from the poems that you would not be given by the SQA in the paper (i.e. any other Liz Lochhead poems) and that’s the way that I would do a 10 marker.

Hope this helps and good luck for the English exam! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (79)
13.79%
1 (77)
13.44%
2 (73)
12.74%
19.2%
21.82%
19.02%

Watched Threads