The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Ph.D offer International development

hi, id like to request information regarding Ph.D. International Development from the department and the career prospects regarding the same. I have been offered an unconditional position at the department. wanted to get a lead on careers after Ph.D. I'm an international student and hope to start in economics this year.
My preference is either to continue in academics or in some development institute based in Europe.
(edited 6 years ago)
@University of East Anglia PG Student Rep are you able to help with this? :beard:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by slowandsteady
hi, id like to request information regarding Ph.D. International Development from the department and the career prospects regarding the same. I have been offered an unconditional position at the department. wanted to get a lead on careers after Ph.D. I'm an international student and hope to start in economics this year.
My preference is either to continue in academics or in some development institute based in Europe.

If you are a non-Eu national I suggest having a back up plan as getting a visa to work in the UK is very difficult. What do you want to do career wise? A lot will depend on your supervisor's network and of course your research.
hi,
i am a non Eu national (India). Hopefully would like to get into full time research. Thanks for the info. i was wondering how is UEAs employer reputation. and what are the prospects if i seek employment in EU after completing degree from UEA.
Original post by slowandsteady
hi,
i am a non Eu national (India). Hopefully would like to get into full time research. Thanks for the info. i was wondering how is UEAs employer reputation. and what are the prospects if i seek employment in EU after completing degree from UEA.

As I said if you are not an EU national you need to have a back up plan. Please read my post above. The uni's reputation makes no difference at this stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending