tbeyan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I study Toruism Management at uni, and I’m so surprised how much economics is involved. It really stresses me out, I’ve been in the library the past hour just staring blank because I have no idea. My lecturer is no help either.
Because I don’t study economics at uni, it is my understanding that this ‘Financial Reporting’ module is GCSE level so ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Random_Person12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tbeyan)
I study Toruism Management at uni, and I’m so surprised how much economics is involved. It really stresses me out, I’ve been in the library the past hour just staring blank because I have no idea. My lecturer is no help either.
Because I don’t study economics at uni, it is my understanding that this ‘Financial Reporting’ module is GCSE level so ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
From what I understand there are 3 sections of a cash budget. Receipts, Payments and the Ending of it which is Net Cash flow. You figure out the receipts which may be trade receivables (debtors) and capital introduced for the year. then you figure out the payments which could be NCA, expenses trade payables (creditors) and drawings. You then minus them from each other for the net cash flow and add the previous year bank balance which should give you the bank balance at the end of the month or year depending on what you are writing. Then you repeat it for the next year. I think this is what you do cause I'm doing accounting and this is what I do although I'm not the best at it so I may be wrong. Hopefully this helps if not I'm sorry for wasting your time.
tbeyan
Rep:
?
Thanks for you help! But I'm pretty sure this is something different. I have a table I need to fill in, and he's given me information that I need to use to fill in the cash flow budget table.
(Original post by Random_Person12)
From what I understand there are 3 sections of a cash budget. Receipts, Payments and the Ending of it which is Net Cash flow. You figure out the receipts which may be trade receivables (debtors) and capital introduced for the year. then you figure out the payments which could be NCA, expenses trade payables (creditors) and drawings. You then minus them from each other for the net cash flow and add the previous year bank balance which should give you the bank balance at the end of the month or year depending on what you are writing. Then you repeat it for the next year. I think this is what you do cause I'm doing accounting and this is what I do although I'm not the best at it so I may be wrong. Hopefully this helps if not I'm sorry for wasting your time.
FenixZ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cash flow is business not economics
tbeyan
Rep:
?
(Original post by FenixZ)
Cash flow is business not economics
Ok thanks! Are you able help?
The Financier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tbeyan)
Moved this to Business SH for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (95)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (284)
15.09%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (199)
10.57%
Lack of purpose or motivation (264)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (83)
4.41%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (109)
5.79%
Loneliness (163)
8.66%
Financial worries (67)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (82)
4.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (105)
5.58%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (165)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (177)
9.4%

Watched Threads