The Student Room Group

Spanish oral 2 weeks !!!!!

hi, please any advice as to how to memorise 80 answers in 2 weeks for my Spanish oral GCSE's would be useful ?????
Didn’t do Spanish but did French and German
Do not learn answers off by heart!!! You’ll be screwed if you have a mind blank, and the questions they ask in the exam tend to be slightly different to ones you got learnt
E.g. In my French oral I got asked “what did you do yesterday for the environment” combines two questions/topics so there’s no way I would have prepared for that
Instead learn a few set phrases and key terms for each topic that you’ve learnt about
Revise verb forms and conjunctions etc. so that if you get asked a question you hadn’t thought about you can answer spontaneously
Good luck though, oral exams are tough!!
Original post by bluemuffin
Didn’t do Spanish but did French and German
Do not learn answers off by heart!!! You’ll be screwed if you have a mind blank, and the questions they ask in the exam tend to be slightly different to ones you got learnt
E.g. In my French oral I got asked “what did you do yesterday for the environment” combines two questions/topics so there’s no way I would have prepared for that
Instead learn a few set phrases and key terms for each topic that you’ve learnt about
Revise verb forms and conjunctions etc. so that if you get asked a question you hadn’t thought about you can answer spontaneously
Good luck though, oral exams are tough!!

What kind of key phrases did you learn ? And we weren’t taught v well so I can’t like speak spontaneously. Any advice ?
Like said above, what you should revise is WOW verbs with conjugations for multiple tenses and pronouns. You should also learn a variety of complex structures that you can easily adapt for different topics and questions. I also don't do Spanish, but I do French and German and completely understand the struggle you are going through. Spontaneous speaking is not easy at all, and with two weeks left to go, it won't be very easy to really improve the skills. Also learn IDIOMS. They really help differentiate you from the rest of the pile and impresses the markers.
Original post by Helllpp-plezzz
What kind of key phrases did you learn ? And we weren’t taught v well so I can’t like speak spontaneously. Any advice ?

I don't speak Spanish but just little things like "for example" "instead of" "therefore" "unfortunately" will help join sentences and get more marks
As I don't know the language I don't know specific grammar rules etc but if you know any, use them as much as possible for variety
The key to being spontaneous is to practise as much as possible e.g. with a friend, parent (if they can help), or teacher. Even listening to the language helps so get some podcasts/watch Spanish tv which will help as well.
Oh shoot, that reminds me I have my French one coming up and I haven't started revising... well guess I'm winging it. I think I can scrape a pass.

Quick Reply

Latest