shall I start revising for my GCSEs in year 9? Watch

Malakii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, I am in year 9 and I am aiming for A*s in my GCSEs because my dream is to study medicine. Do you think, I have to start revising for my GCSE s right now?
I have got some revision guides and I usually memorize science lesson by lesson. And I always do lots of maths practice. shall I keep this up, or it is too early to do this sort of things now?
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do light revision for end of unit tests but enjoy year 9 while you still have it. if you already have the revision guide then you can start making some notes but don't overwork yourself.
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah reading ahead and making notes as you do things should be encouraged, but that isn't really revising per se. (you're learning things for the first time)

don't get too ahead of yourself though. Clearly you're a high flyer, so you could easily finish the GCSE specification too early, get bored and lose motivation when it counts. Besides you may find yourself slipping out of the routine anyway.
Madgoose
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No way... I didn’t start revising until about Easter of year 11 and still got A*s and offers for medicine...enjoy yourself or you’ll burn out at A Level or through GCSEs and not reach your full potential best of luck! (I’m not suggesting not revising until Easter in two years time, I’d just not start yet...also, you’ll not have covered the content yet and there’s a small risk of learning things incorrectly or over complicating things!)
Madgoose
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do revise for topic tests/mocks though )
Hiraeth.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No
Enjoy your years; a lot of Year 11's wish we went back in time.Apparently it only gets worse from here though aha :lol: :bawling:
You could try starting revision in Year 10 after December term. Otherwise No.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate