The Student Room Group

Reapplying to student fincance, my maintence loan doesn't seem right

reapplying for my second year at uni, first year my maintence loan was approx 6000, just finished reapplying and its saying my maintence loan will be 4000. my family earns the same as they did in the previous year so i dont understand why its so low. I put everything into the student finacnce calculator and its saying i should get the same as before which is 6000. Ive triple checked through all of the infomation and it's all correct. Only part which it might be was "Are you living with your parents" which is like technically if im not at uni but at uni I am not.

they havent checked the tax records with my parents yet so idk if this can change but im just very confused.

any help?
Original post by salmonman123
reapplying for my second year at uni, first year my maintence loan was approx 6000, just finished reapplying and its saying my maintence loan will be 4000. my family earns the same as they did in the previous year so i dont understand why its so low. I put everything into the student finacnce calculator and its saying i should get the same as before which is 6000. Ive triple checked through all of the infomation and it's all correct. Only part which it might be was "Are you living with your parents" which is like technically if im not at uni but at uni I am not.

they havent checked the tax records with my parents yet so idk if this can change but im just very confused.

any help?

Sounds like you haven't been income assessed.
Original post by salmonman123

any help?

Hi salmonman123,

If you are under 25 years old at the start of your next academic year and have asked for the higher amount of Maintenance Loan, we would calculate your entitlement based on their financial information?

Can I ask have your parents provided their financial information yet?

Secondly when did they do this and did they provide their information online or did they send the papaer form PFF2?

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending