problem with contraception

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
my girlfriend in on the combined pill (rygevidon) and when she ran out, after the one week off that she had there was an extra day that she had off in addition since the appointment was the next day. (for example the week off ends on the 4th but the appointment is on the 6th and she started taking it on the 6th again) so she got her new batch of pills and its been 5 days since she hard been taking it normally and we are worried since today I ejaculated abit inside her and we are wondering if we should get the morning after pill because we are scared it is not as affective because of that extra day off when she had the break since the gp also said to be careful and we were the first couple of days but now we didn't use a condom and were having second doubts
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my girlfriend in on the combined pill (rygevidon) and when she ran out, after the one week off that she had there was an extra day that she had off in addition since the appointment was the next day. (for example the week off ends on the 4th but the appointment is on the 6th and she started taking it on the 6th again) so she got her new batch of pills and its been 5 days since she hard been taking it normally and we are worried since today I ejaculated abit inside her and we are wondering if we should get the morning after pill because we are scared it is not as affective because of that extra day off when she had the break since the gp also said to be careful and we were the first couple of days but now we didn't use a condom and were having second doubts
Yes, she would not have been 100% protected from pregnancy as she missed a day. You need to take it for 7 days to be protected fully. The morning after pill only stops ovulation, it doesn't kill a fertilised egg. You guys should be fine, but you can talk to a pharmacist for more qualified advice.
annanas45
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Take a morning after pill no biggie. Some places offer it for free at others it's about £30. Better safe than sorry!!!
Anonymous #1
well she has been on the pill for 1 year so we thought it will be ok but in the end we decided to get the morning after pill that doesn't affect the normal pill just to be safe
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How old are you and your girlfriend??
Anonymous #1
why does it matter how old they are ? they just want some help on the topic, im sure that if your worried their very young the people behind the counter will see that and make sure they cant have anything. im only annoyed ay this because their probably going through a very tough time right now and are really worried and I think that the question is irrelevant. just voicing this out , not being mean to you personally or anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (75)
37.69%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (21)
10.55%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.53%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (49)
24.62%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.56%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.04%

Watched Threads