The Student Room Group

Tesco Black Box

Looking at getting the Tesco Black Box insurance, I'm 17 and I have just passed my practical, looking at different insurance companies and I was curious if they can cancel or increase your insurance if you speed etc? How'd you find the whole experience with that company and if you think it's worth the extra money. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Plzhelpmethanks
Looking at getting the Tesco Black Box insurance, I'm 17 and I have just passed my practical, looking at different insurance companies and I was curious if they can cancel or increase your insurance if you speed etc? How'd you find the whole experience with that company and if you think it's worth the extra money. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yes it can be cancelled if you speed.
It's a trap.
Don’t do it...get a cheap car without a black box.

You being 17 will make it a bit more expensive but it’s worth it.
Reply 4
Original post by Plzhelpmethanks

I've been with Tesco Insurance Since September 2017 and had no problems. I've regularly exceeded the speed limited and have had no warning from the insurer. Only problem with the box is the mile cap, my policy was 6000 miles for the year and i ran out within 6 month, i'm now paying an extra £200 a month in miles.
14 year old keyboard warrior who can't wait to drive his mum's micra
Reply 6
Original post by Speed4real
14 year old keyboard warrior who can't wait to drive his mum's micra

He's got a point - telematics is the biggest problem to come out of the insurance industry in its history.
Yes thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending