The Student Room Group

End the anti-Israel threads.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anastasiades
Ngl, but no they don't. This week has been pretty antisemitic imo

criticism of a country that regularly kills civilians, is illegally occupying land and which goes against international law and is in breach UN resolutions, isnt antisemitic. just as criticising Saudi Arabia isn't islamophobic.

https://www.un.org/press/en/2016/sc12657.doc.htm
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ehruhure
israel is disgusting and committing crimes against humanity. end off.

What's disgusting is that you so readily condone the hatred of Jews and the existence of a Jewish state. Crawl back to your Islamic homeland, troll
Original post by Maths&physics
criticism of a country that regularly kills civilians, is illegally occupying land and which goes against international law and being is in breach UN resolutions, isnt antisemitic. just as criticising Saudi Arabia isn't islamophobic.

I think you're describing Palestine there
Original post by Cecily Nevyll
Omg exactly !!! So much antisemitism on this site. The pro-Pals are just salty and bitter that Israel is a lawful state and that it’s here to stay. Its not going anywhere darlings :wink: :israel: :israel:

although its in breach of international law and un resolutions: very lawful indeed.

https://www.un.org/press/en/2016/sc12657.doc.htm
The Palestinians should really complain to their government about that. They receive millions in foreign aid, yet Hamas and his crew either pocket it or develop weapons to strike Israel. Far more Palestinian rockets have struck Israel than have ever hit Palestine. As for violence, there could be a simple solution in seeking peace, yet the Palestinians constantly reject any peace agreement and will not give up their arms. Yes, those protestors are teargassed as they are violating international borders and hurling rocks at border guards. What kind of response do you expect? Palestine receives more than enough to develop into a wealthy nation.

u're forgetting something

a good number of the TSR users who made those anti israel threads are those who actually want the borders to go back to how it was BEFORE the separation. Meaning the idea of a israel state not even existing. One of the users is actually banned now but yeah.

Original post by HorribleDude
so? fck israel and jews..

EVERYONE STOP

This lad on the internet has solved all the problems! What a scoop.
Reply 45
Original post by TaintedLight
#RidiculousThreadOfTheYear

If criticism offends you go get yourself a doctor.

The best way to put an end to this thread.
Original post by Palmyra
A White-supremacist ethno-state that is born on the ethnic cleansing of another people, and to this day survives on military occupation and apartheid, is quite offensive, yes.

Actually far more ethnicities live in Israel than in any Islamic state, mostly because they are Jews that have been persecuted and driven out of their homelands in the Middle East, such as Yemen and Iraq. It has no other choice than to rely on its military, otherwise they'll be slaughtered, unless that's what you want of course.
Reply 47
Original post by ehruhure
israel is disgusting and committing crimes against humanity. end off.
Wrong.
It could be reasonably argued that current Israeli government policy, and some of the actions of the IDF are disgusting and could constitute crimes against humanity.

Making crass generalisations about an entire nation is no different to saying "all Muslims are terrorists" or "all '70s TV celebrities are sexual predators".
Actually far more ethnicities live in Israel than in any Islamic state
Wrong.

It has no other choice than to rely on its military, otherwise they'll be slaughtered

Wrong.
Original post by RickHendricks
u're forgetting something

a good number of the TSR users who made those anti israel threads are those who actually want the borders to go back to how it was BEFORE the separation. Meaning the idea of a israel state not even existing. One of the users is actually banned now but yeah.

EVERYONE STOP

This lad on the internet has solved all the problems! What a scoop.

Then maybe that user deserved to be banned. I'm not sure how the existence of Israel can offend someone so much, but as far as I'm concerned it's the only progressive and forward-thinking state in the entire Middle East. Destroying it would also mean stripping the rights of any LGBT people that live there, and of course the Jewish people themselves
Original post by Palmyra
Wrong.

Wrong.

Where's your evidence? Many Islamic states openly call for Israel to be destroyed, there is no other option for Israel than to have the most efficient military system in the Middle East
Wrong.
It could be reasonably argued that current Israeli government policy, and some of the actions of the IDF are disgusting and could constitute crimes against humanity.
So government policy should not be attributed to the state?

If a state commits war crimes, it cannot be prosecuted at the ICJ because the policy was of their government, not of the state itself? Nonsense.
Then maybe that user deserved to be banned. I'm not sure how the existence of Israel can offend someone so much, but as far as I'm concerned it's the only progressive and forward-thinking state in the entire Middle East. Destroying it would also mean stripping the rights of any LGBT people that live there, and of course the Jewish people themselves

I wholeheartedly support existence of Jews there.

Being challenged by all its neighboring countries and going in a way against all of them and still winning. That's something.
Original post by k.n.h.
What's that avatar? :lolwut: Is nudity allowed on this site?

Your avatar is also naked.
Reply 54
The problem is with the hard-line, no compromise, conservative idealists on both sides. While they command any influence (in Israel by holding the balance of power in elections, in Palestine by force), the madness will continue. The average Palestinian and Israeli in the shelter just wants a permanent end to it all, and I'm sure they would both be willing to make concessions if it was a genuine possibility. Unfortunately, their leaders do not give them that option.
Original post by Palmyra
Wrong.

Wrong.

Why are you wasting your time arguing with a new account?

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-23695896
Original post by QE2
The problem is with the hard-line, no compromise, conservative idealists on both sides. While they command any influence (in Israel by holding the balance of power in elections, in Palestine by force), the madness will continue. The average Palestinian and Israeli in the shelter just wants a permanent end to it all, and I'm sure they would both be willing to make concessions if it was a genuine possibility. Unfortunately, their leaders do not give them that option.

I think you're forgetting the fact that the Palestinian leaders have not accepted the current solutions given (which were accepted by UN and Israel).

A two state solution was given (during 1940s) however it was not accepted by the Palestinian government, and it's what led to the upcoming wars from there.

Why should everyone else in a class change their option if just 1 of them can't do it?
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Why are you wasting your time arguing with a new account?

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-23695896

I've already said, I'm not Israeli, I'm from Cyprus.
Reply 58
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Your avatar is also naked.

Doesn't have certain kinds of... details though :u:
Reply 59
Original post by Palmyra
So government policy should not be attributed to the state?
Not as a whole, including the people. It should be attributed to the government and its apparatus of implementation.

If a state commits war crimes, it cannot be prosecuted at the ICJ because the policy was of their government, not of the state itself? Nonsense.
The people responsible should be prosecuted, not an entire nation. The concept of "collective punishment" is outlawed under the Geneva Convention.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending