The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MyTwoCents
Ok this is ridiculous now.

1. It's forbidden in Islam to have a relationship outside of marriage
2. It's forbidden in Islam to have sex with someone outside of wedlock
3. It's forbidden in Islam for a female to marry (or even be with) a non muslim male

Someone please explain to me how you can go this far and still call yourself a muslim? You're contradicting your own beliefs, this isn't me being judgemental, this is me stating the laws of Allah yet for some reason breaking not one, not 2 but 3 of the major ones you can't still call yourself a muslim because you are going against the religion.

Come on have some decency, stop with the charade and just make your choice, you can't have the best of both worlds, you're either a muslim or you're not.

Call me a judgemental so and so all you want, these are facts from the Qur'an, this is the equivalent of eating pork and saying "no I'm a muslim still lol"

This is why our religion is becoming a massive joke, because "muslims" are undermining it and just acting like it means nothing :frown:

You can’t disqualify anyone from being a Muslim because of them sinning. Im sure you have committed loads of sins but it doesn’t make you any “less” of a Muslim than OP.
I’ve reported GucciGangGucci. Can you guys do the same so that we can get her banned? Just flag one of her messages and report her.
Thanks!

3. It's forbidden in Islam for a female to marry (or even be with) a non muslim male

Someone please explain to me how you can go this far and still call yourself a muslim? You're contradicting your own beliefs, this isn't me being judgemental, this is me stating the laws of Allah yet for some reason breaking not one, not 2 but 3 of the major ones you can't still call yourself a muslim because you are going against the religion.

Come on have some decency, stop with the charade and just make your choice, you can't have the best of both worlds, you're either a muslim or you're not.

Call me a judgemental so and so all you want, these are facts from the Qur'an, this is the equivalent of eating pork and saying "no I'm a muslim still lol"

This is why our religion is becoming a massive joke, because "muslims" are undermining it and just acting like it means nothing :frown:

If only life was that simple. There is a reason why knowledge precedes action. In a climate where life is becoming more and more hectic, a lesser amount of time is being dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge related to existential meaning and purpose. Somewhere in the midst of that, knowledge is becoming more and more dilute as worldly pursuits become increasingly more important and time consuming. Without knowledge, actions are likely to be the result of misguidance. It thus follows, that knowledge must precede action.

Although what you stated is correct, it is also correct that our ability to judge situations that concern the fluidity of ones existential state is significantly limited by our human faculties. Where one stands in their faith, the nature of their relationship with God, actions that they might take to repent for their mistakes and whether or not the mistakes made brought them closer to their faith, are all too intangible for any of us to measure. This is why judgement should be reserved for the only one who has the capacity to judge in the most just manner possible.

It simply is not our place to judge.
(edited 6 years ago)
Islam isn't against abortion, unless the baby if formed enough....
basicly there's a time limit

And also God is forgiving, even if she f'ed up doesn't mean she's not Muslim.. killing might be losing Islam.. but not that.
God says that a man that eats pork or drinks alcohol isn't Muslim for 40 days...40 i think...simply he is forgiving.
it's never your place to judge a person
Even though your parents will be mad, they will help you so you should definitely tell them. They will be even more mad if you hide it from them. Also, I don’t think adoption or abortion is a good idea as you may feel in the future that you wish you hadn’t, but that is my opinion.
Allah will help you in this time, hope all goes well x
If your parents are not born here then they’ll definitely send you ‘back home’ to get married or something
If Islam permits it you should abort the baby or marry the father
Original post by mafk80
If only life was that simple. There is a reason why knowledge precedes action. In a climate where life is becoming more and more hectic, a lesser amount of time is being dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge related to existential meaning and purpose. Somewhere in the midst of that, knowledge is becoming more and more dilute as worldly pursuits become increasingly more important and time consuming. Without knowledge, actions are likely to be the result of misguidance. It thus follows, that knowledge must precede action.

Although what you stated is correct, it is also correct that our ability to judge situations that concern the fluidity of ones existential state is significantly limited by our human faculties. Where one stands in their faith, the nature of their relationship with God, actions that they might take to repent for their mistakes and whether or not the mistakes made brought them closer to their faith, are all too intangible for any of us to measure. This is why judgement should be reserved for the only one who has the capacity to judge in the most just manner possible.

It simply is not our place to judge.

Quite frankly I find this post unbelievable.

I'm not sure what your agenda here is, but I'm starting to question whether you really are a muslim or not based on the misguided advice you're giving.

How can you tell another muslim that it's ok for them to go against the word of God and defend them for it?

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember”
[al-Baqarah 2:221]

(Al-Mushrikoon means non believers, note: "Those [Non-believers] invite you to the Fire")

It quite clearly states getting with a non believer is what "invites you to the Fire" - as in, Hellfire. I genuinely think you have an agenda here because you're completely ignoring the fact that God is saying one thing yet for some reason you're not only encouraging a "muslim" to go against the word of God but you're also defending them.

Which by the way, is something you 100% will have to answer for.

And yes I will answer to my "judging" too, but that's not the point here, the point is you're trying to say that a "muslim" (OP) should go against the word of God when the proof is right there that it is such a major sin that it will lead you to hell.

Stop trying to modernise the religion and trying to change it to be something it isn't, because once you start doing that and making these weird "oh but if you do this its ok" or "no its fine you dont know its bad" you start to verge on the border of ISIS levels of altering the meaning to change the religion and its meaning/teachings into something that it isn't.
Quite frankly I find this post unbelievable.

I'm not sure what your agenda here is, but I'm starting to question whether you really are a muslim or not based on the misguided advice you're giving.

How can you tell another muslim that it's ok for them to go against the word of God and defend them for it?

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember”
[al-Baqarah 2:221]

(Al-Mushrikoon means non believers, note: "Those [Non-believers] invite you to the Fire":wink:

It quite clearly states getting with a non believer is what "invites you to the Fire" - as in, Hellfire. I genuinely think you have an agenda here because you're completely ignoring the fact that God is saying one thing yet for some reason you're not only encouraging a "muslim" to go against the word of God but you're also defending them.

Which by the way, is something you 100% will have to answer for.

And yes I will answer to my "judging" too, but that's not the point here, the point is you're trying to say that a "muslim" (OP) should go against the word of God when the proof is right there that it is such a major sin that it will lead you to hell.

Stop trying to modernise the religion and trying to change it to be something it isn't, because once you start doing that and making these weird "oh but if you do this its ok" or "no its fine you dont know its bad" you start to verge on the border of ISIS levels of altering the meaning to change the religion and its meaning/teachings into something that it isn't.

You must have misinterpreted what I said because not once did I postulate that the OP's action was justified. Of course it was wrong; the point is that nobody (including you) has the right to judge her. So are you trying to tell me that if she repented for what she did, that it has absolutely no value? How do you know that she won't be forgiven for what she did?
Stop playing God and focus on your own life. I am sure that you are not perfect either. Save the judgement for your own imperfections.
To OP:

I found some pertinent evidenced-based information written by a sheikh on islamqa.info.
https://islamqa.info/en/165438
The discussion is about zina and covers a lot of relevant ground. I strongly suggest that you read it. This sheikh is knowledgeable and significantly more sensible than these toxic people on TSR that are giving you a hard time because they have nothing better to do.All the best and stay safe!
Original post by mafk80
To OP:

I found some pertinent evidenced-based information written by a sheikh on islamqa.info.
https://islamqa.info/en/165438
The discussion is about zina and covers a lot of relevant ground. I strongly suggest that you read it. This sheikh is knowledgeable and significantly more sensible than these toxic people on TSR that are giving you a hard time because they have nothing better to do.All the best and stay safe!

Ja'Za'Khallah

Latest

Trending

Trending