The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Regina Mills
Ooo white or brown or black boy????

He's black
Ur worried about ur parents and ur forgetting god. If u really believe in the religion then you need to pray and ask for forgiveness and guidance
also ur 18 if ur going t uni(away from home) y don't u live in the halls for the 9 months then give it up for adoption
Original post by UnknownHijabi
I'm 18 years old and found out I'm pregnant and really don't know what to do. Pls don't judge me I really need good advice.

I regret what I've done but I know that won't make a difference now.

Tell them EVERYTHING so they can look for the best solution. Lying and/or hiding the matter may just get things worse. Maybe for the meantime, but later on it will be IMPOSSIBLE to hide it.
Again, how far along are you?
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
It's not a baby FFS

That’s more a subjective opinion that cold hard fact (I do however agree with you)

OP. Do what you feel is best for you, it’s your life and your body.
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
But what wrong did @UWS say?

@UWS is a chav muppet is what's wrong with him.
Idk how strict your parents are
But lets say they are traditional and more cultural

Honestly you are just going to have to tell them. You might think your life is going to fall apart and hey mybe you will get kicked out the house. But a mother will always care for her daughter no matter what. Maybe your dad not so much but your mom will always stick by your side (im stereotyping i know)

And repent to Allah ... but having a baby is not a sin, its a blessing.. so dont have an abortion.

Let the guy know that he is a dad, and if you think he is worth being the father of your baby then inshaAllah get married.

Do you have any close aunties or older cousins to tell then your pregnant.... the sooner you tell someone the better.
And dont forget KEEP PRAYING that Allah makes your parents take the news easy
Thank you, I understand what you mean. I think it's the guilt that would come alongside doing this. To know I've killed that child is honestly too much to for me to handle, if you understand what I mean?

I understand, again generally it's said that the spirit doesn't enter the body until at 4 months pregnancy so you wouldn't be killing a life. It's for the greater good, you are young and the Western lifestyle is unsupportive of raising a child- that's why the birthrate is so low- so it's for the greater good because if you go ahead, that child is going to die on the inside with the hate he/she would receive from the Islamic culture, the lack of love and care from the father and the unsupportive Western lifestyle for raising kids.

Original post by cgcf
How is an abortion less worse than sex? You're killing a baby bro..

Having sex with a person that's not your married is due to pure pleasure, there's no benifits or advantages caused by pre-martial sex. Abortion has a goal, a purpose and that is to save the child from a life of pain and torture. Do you think OP can take care of a child all by herself? It won't work, Islam advocates for a nuclear family and THIS IS NOT the case, this is a case where a child will grow without a father and be in isolation. It's an necessary evil.

...Although as I stated before, Islam does allow abortion in under a certain time limit.
Getting bored asking:how far along are you?
Have you seen a GP?
Are you taking folic acid yet?

I'm trying to focus on the practical stuff not judgemental opinions, and you're not replying. Sounds suspect to me.
Original post by DrSocSciences
Again, how far along are you?

Sorry I got a lot of replied so missed urs And I'm 18 weeks
Original post by cgcf
@UWS is a chav muppet is what's wrong with him.

That’s helpful. Please leave.

You're 18 weeks? Jeez. You really need to hurry up then and decide. You've only got 6 weeks if you decide to have an abortion.
I'm 18 years old and found out I'm pregnant and really don't know what to do. Pls don't judge me I really need good advice.

I regret what I've done but I know that won't make a difference now.

I am so jealous how easily you can prank us :biggrin:
Original post by Andrew97
That’s helpful. Please leave.

No. This is a democracy. I'm allowed to say what I want.
He actually wants to keep it & is being supportive, although he doesn't fully understand my situation

have u asked if he was to convert to islam just so your parents won't go as ballistic

Ow wow, you're almost half way. Are you showing? Some people don't with their first at that stage. It's too late for folic acid to have any benefit on neural development. Have you seen a GP?

So your due date would be w/c 10th September?
(edited 6 years ago)
I think you should put all things aside, your parents/family, you friends, your religion, and think about what you want to do. It’ll be hard to make a decision without thinking “What will my parents say? What does my religion tell me?” As it’s all a part of you, but you need to think it through properly so you don’t regret whatever you decide to do. I know you’re worried about keeping the baby because your religion says pre-marital sex is a sin, but you’ve had the sex now so it doesn’t matter whether or not you keep the baby at this point. If you don’t want the baby, of course an abortion (or adoption) is an option, but they’re things to think seriously about and don’t rush into it because your religion says pre-marital sex is a sin, that’s already been committed now.
Think carefully and look into support for all decisions, whatever you choose it won’t be an easy road.
This will be me soon lmao
Original post by mygradesarecrap
Idk how strict your parents are
But lets say they are traditional and more cultural

Honestly you are just going to have to tell them. You might think your life is going to fall apart and hey mybe you will get kicked out the house. But a mother will always care for her daughter no matter what. Maybe your dad not so much but your mom will always stick by your side (im stereotyping i know)

And repent to Allah ... but having a baby is not a sin, its a blessing.. so dont have an abortion.

Let the guy know that he is a dad, and if you think he is worth being the father of your baby then inshaAllah get married.

Do you have any close aunties or older cousins to tell then your pregnant.... the sooner you tell someone the better.
And dont forget KEEP PRAYING that Allah makes your parents take the news easy

He actually wants to get married, but he's black and non - muslim so my parent would not all for this. I think my dad would be more understanding tbh as I'm much closer with him. But I don't want to hurt him by telling him (if I ever had the courage to). My older sister is getting married in a couple of months so this isn't convenient as it would cause so much heartbreak to my whole family. And I couldn't tell any extended family as I'm not close with any of them
Can you talk to your sister? This pregnancy reaches full term in w/c 10th September. Time is short.

Latest

Trending

Trending