I am the crazy ex girlfriend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A few months ago my ex ( best friends for 5 years and boyfriend for 2 months) broke up with me. i was initially upset but agreed to be friends because i felt lonely especially in university and he was the really the only one i had. we have ups and down all the time and a few days ago i decided i needed space because i felt like i feelings for him again and i was scared to get too close again. He was pissed and gave me an ultimatum and ended our friendship.
yesterday i tried to reason with him but he blocked me on everything. and i preceded to call him at least 50 times on private numbers.. and making fake social media accounts just to contact him. i made a fool of my self and there is no coming back from that. He did unblock me to tell me to stop calling and then i realised i lost him and a mutual friend we both had who is clearly on his side and hasn't spoken to me in a long while. Now i have no friends and spend most of my time trying to distract my self from thinking about the good times no one is in my hall atm but me because of the holidays and the silence is driving me crazy. i dont know what to do anymore. i miss him but i wish i didn't i feel like i wasted so much time on him.
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He doesn't want you. Stop contacting him, you're wasting even more time. Move on- other opportunities will present themselves to make other friends and partners.
Anonymous #1
A few months ago my ex ( best friends for 5 years and boyfriend for 2 months) broke up with me. i was initially upset but agreed to be friends because i felt lonely especially in university and he was the really the only one i had. we have ups and down all the time and a few days ago i decided i needed space because i felt like i feelings for him again and i was scared to get too close again. He was pissed and gave me an ultimatum and ended our friendship. yesterday i tried to reason with him but he blocked me on everything. and i preceded to call him at least 50 times on private numbers.. and making fake social media accounts just to contact him. i made a fool of my self and there is no coming back from that. He did unblock me to tell me to stop calling and then i realised i lost him and a mutual friend we both had who is clearly on his side and hasn't spoken to me in a long while. Now i have no friends and spend most of my time trying to distract my self from thinking about the good times no one is in my hall atm but me because of the holidays and the silence is driving me crazy. i dont know what to do anymore. i miss him but i wish i didn't i feel like i wasted so much time on him.
(Original post by Anonymous)
A few months ago my ex ( best friends for 5 years and boyfriend for 2 months) broke up with me. i was initially upset but agreed to be friends because i felt lonely especially in university and he was the really the only one i had. we have ups and down all the time and a few days ago i decided i needed space because i felt like i feelings for him again and i was scared to get too close again. He was pissed and gave me an ultimatum and ended our friendship.
yesterday i tried to reason with him but he blocked me on everything. and i preceded to call him at least 50 times on private numbers.. and making fake social media accounts just to contact him. i made a fool of my self and there is no coming back from that. He did unblock me to tell me to stop calling and then i realised i lost him and a mutual friend we both had who is clearly on his side and hasn't spoken to me in a long while. Now i have no friends and spend most of my time trying to distract my self from thinking about the good times no one is in my hall atm but me because of the holidays and the silence is driving me crazy. i dont know what to do anymore. i miss him but i wish i didn't i feel like i wasted so much time on him.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by So Instinct)
He doesn't want you. Stop contacting him, move on- other opportunities will present themselves to make other friends and partners.
i have stopped contacting him but he literally is on my mind all the time annoyingly
So Instinct
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i have stopped contacting him but he literally is on my mind all the time annoyingly
That's normal when it's not mutual. Longer you stick to it and the more you keep yourself busy, the easier it gets.

Some people like to replace them with someone new, doesn't work for everyone though.
muli5246
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need a breather. Work on yourself. Go out and explore have a great time with friends and over time u will forget about it and move on. I think some things just never works out the way you want it to be (coming from someone who experienced a breakup - one sided breakup). I felt the same way as u - i never really wanted to breakup with my ex but my friends were there to tell me to just move on and forget about her coz she will be the one missing out . Like that just think that hes the one missing out and move on
mimsyborogrove
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We've all done stupid things that make us cringe when we think about them. So you acted like a crazy ex. You can't change that. Just resolve not to be a crazy ex again. Only you have that power.
As for thinking about the 'good times', that's natural, if you weren't the one to end it. Best advice I can give you is to remind yourself of the not-so-good times! You had ups and downs all the time. Clearly you weren't a great match. You say he was really the only person you had at uni. Maybe that should serve as a lesson for the future; you can become too enmeshed with someone, even if (and sometimes because) you don't have a very healthy relationship with them. It isn't healthy to have just them, and no one else. Make a commitment to yourself to meet more people. If you're not emotionally dependent on just one person, you're much more likely to be able to control any crazy urges. In fact you're much less likely to even feel any crazy urges, because you won't feel so utterly bereft and lonely if the relationship breaks down.
It takes time and practice to develop emotional fortitude. The worst thing you could do, imho, is jump into another relationship with someone else. That would be just like relapsing into a drug addiction; yeah, it may be a short term fix, but it prevents you developing the skills to be an independent person, whether single or as part of a future relationship.
I hope you feel better soon x
AnonymasRaRa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds like you are the crazy ex girlfriend.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
A few months ago my ex ( best friends for 5 years and boyfriend for 2 months) broke up with me. i was initially upset but agreed to be friends because i felt lonely especially in university and he was the really the only one i had. we have ups and down all the time and a few days ago i decided i needed space because i felt like i feelings for him again and i was scared to get too close again. He was pissed and gave me an ultimatum and ended our friendship. yesterday i tried to reason with him but he blocked me on everything. and i preceded to call him at least 50 times on private numbers.. and making fake social media accounts just to contact him. i made a fool of my self and there is no coming back from that. He did unblock me to tell me to stop calling and then i realised i lost him and a mutual friend we both had who is clearly on his side and hasn't spoken to me in a long while. Now i have no friends and spend most of my time trying to distract my self from thinking about the good times no one is in my hall atm but me because of the holidays and the silence is driving me crazy. i dont know what to do anymore. i miss him but i wish i didn't i feel like i wasted so much time on him.
I am sorry to hear about this. I think you should take some time to reflect on why he wasn’t right for you and take comfort in knowing things get better as time goes on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads