Physics :Resistivity Assignment HELP ASAP (please don't ignore me)

Watch this thread
ikrshafiq
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i have physics assignment due on Monday and i don't know how to achieve the following criteria:

1. explain the term resistivity in relation to material properties (minimum a paragraph)
2 explain how does the values of resistivity determine the uses of material in industry

what shall i mention at the start and how do i link it to materials
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
IMO start from a simple level showing that you understand materials have different 'goodness' as electrical conductors and that resistivity allows fair comparisons to be made between materials.
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Explain the material properties of a material and how they affect resistivity, i.e. going over atomic cross sections, collisions, vibration of atomic lattices and heating, that kind of thing. Electron carrier density, too. Then it's just a matter of common sense regarding where you'd slap a superconductor vs a tungsten filament.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (113)
68.07%
No (34)
20.48%
I didn't use it to prepare (19)
11.45%

Watched Threads