A-level organisation and stationery advce

Watch
Jord098
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey all!
I was just wondering what kinda sationery will be nessersary for a levels and how to organize my notes and work ect. Also any cheap but good quality stationary places?

Thank you guys so much
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jord098)
Hey all!
I was just wondering what kinda sationery will be nessersary for a levels and how to organize my notes and work ect. Also any cheap but good quality stationary places?

Thank you guys so much
I personally had a lever-arch file for each of my subjects. I used dividers to separate the topics. I then had a separate ring-binder file for each subject for revision notes.

I went to WHSmith or Tesco for stationery - Ryman is really overpriced imo. I got some felt tip pens and gel pens to make mind maps and stick them on the walls.
Jord098
Rep:
?
With the ring binder should i take it and put the weeks work and transfer it over to the lever arch at the weekend
Snoozinghamster
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’d suggest a lever arch folder that you take in on a daily basis which has all your subjects in there and then as you reach the end of the topic you transfer it to another lever arch folder (one for each subject) which you leave at home.
I’d also suggest that over the holidays etc or when you have time for doing your own work you condensed the notes down so that you have the important information from each chapter in a clear and easy to read way which is probably nearer than what you wrote in lessons (unless you are one of those people who can make notes perfectly first time) and don’t just copy condense and pick the most important info. I’ve done this with chemistry and physics and now have the entire course for both taking up less than half a ringbinder which I can take in for revision.
See what works for you but make sure you keep your year 12 stuff organised or you will regret it in year 13 (which is what happened to me)

Also buy paper. So much paper. I bought 9 of the 300 page packs late year 12, I have 1 and a half left. But bulk buying it was very useful.
Jord098
Rep:
?
Ah ok thank u. Also, what type of paper because i dont want the really thin stuff but i dont wanna look a snobas im going to a bew school. Also where do u get the books for the subjects as imdoing English lit, psychology and politics
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're doing A Levels in wordy subs so I'm not sure how much I can relate here (i just brought a pen and my calculator :rofl:)

Make sure you've got some nice ring-binders/something to keep your notes nice and secure,

you're going to need a lot of notepads

lots

i've gone through 12 300 page notepads so far.
Jord098
Rep:
?
Oh god 😂 thats a lot. I was gonna get Oxford campus refil pad as its only 3.99 as its good thick paper or do u know a good make
username3651356
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jord098)
Hey all!

Thank you guys so much
I’d recommend Wilkos for stationery. I bought 3 lever arch files for £2 each so my total came to £6 when in WHSmiths, 1 lever arch file costs around £6 which is overpriced. Wilkos have branded pens too like bic and papermate for cheaper than most shops would sell them for. Hope that helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (54)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (110)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.12%
Financial worries (60)
6.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.09%

Watched Threads