any good supplements to replace fruits and vegetables? Watch

nonotyoutoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
the keyword I'm looking for is "phytonutrients", as I already take a one a day vitamin/mineral pill from Boots already.

basically i eat very little fruits / vegetables and quite a lot of processed food. And no, I don't want to cook or shop, prepare, store fresh produce.
AM_TSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can’t completely replace fresh fruit and vegetables
nonotyoutoo
Rep:
?
https://www.myprotein.com/sports-nut.../10886146.html

actually what about that product?

the point about a supplement is that I can pop a pill with water and forget about it. it's time saving. to prepare a vegetable salad / fruit you'd have to buy all of them, and wash them and you have to eat them within a certain amount of time or it'll go bad. then you have to wash and clean up. then buy them again.

where as when I have pills, I keep them in a cupboard and pop them as needed within 30 seconds.

----------------

well, i've just bought a years supply of fruits and vegetables for about £65 after 2 for 1 discounts and 6% quidco cashback. so that's £1.25 a week. I'll tell you how i feel after a couple of months.
nonotyoutoo
Rep:
?
it's not just the time. there's also the cost. fruits and vegetables are not cheap in supermarkets and they don't taste very good either. i'd have to buy from either someone with a fruit / veg stall or a wholesalers (too much quantity), then I'd have to think about what to buy. where as what I bought should be "fire and forget". at the recommended 3 tablets a day that's £1.25 a week, that's a packet of bananas, but with other stuff chucked in.

I don't know about you, but i've spent a long time eating **** and not sleeping well and drinking of energy drinks. frankly I think anything would be an in improvement. what i really need is a mum, girlfriend or live in chef to cook for me.
Danny Dorito
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nonotyoutoo)
the keyword I'm looking for is "phytonutrients", as I already take a one a day vitamin/mineral pill from Boots already.

basically i eat very little fruits / vegetables and quite a lot of processed food. And no, I don't want to cook or shop, prepare, store fresh produce.
If you don't want to prepare or buy fresh fruit and veg, why not buy frozen veg? That way it doesn't go off and it's already prepared, you just have to put some boiling water on it and pop it in the microwave. You can also buy tinned fruit like peaches or oranges. Make sure you get them in fruit juice not syrup though as the latter is very high in sugar.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
If you don't want to prepare or buy fresh fruit and veg, why not buy frozen veg? That way it doesn't go off and it's already prepared, you just have to put some boiling water on it and pop it in the microwave. You can also buy tinned fruit like peaches or oranges. Make sure you get them in fruit juice not syrup though as the latter is very high in sugar.
thanks for this nugget of information danny dorito, read this post yesterday and as i liked tinned fruit (as well as real fruit and well all fruit really) i buy it for uni sometimes cos it lasts longer. Had no idea there were too varieties of cannedness, will only buy the juice one from now on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
14.96%
1 (70)
13.78%
2 (66)
12.99%
20.67%
20.08%
5 (89)
17.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise