The Student Room Group

Does popularity matter when it comes to dating?

My school consists of the stereotypical setup of having “populars”, “nerds” and those who are in the middle etc. I rather dislike that we are stereotyped into these groups, but it does happen. So the question is, “do you think that popularity matters when it comes to dating?”. In my opinion there are many “nerds” who are equally as pretty as the “Populars” yet the populars never seem to date the nerds. So it makes me believe that in a lot of cases, popularity does matter.
I believe the attitude is what is the problem . I would not like to date somebody who has a "holier than thou" attitude. If that entails me not dating somebody who's "Popular" or a "Nerd" , it doesn't make a difference
Original post by abhinair3004
I believe the attitude is what is the problem . I would not like to date somebody who has a "holier than thou" attitude. If that entails me not dating somebody who's "Popular" or a "Nerd" , it doesn't make a difference

Yes it is a issue, this society is ****ed I wish it wasn’t like this :frown:
Original post by Aleshadavis2611
Yes it is a issue, this society is ****ed I wish it wasn’t like this :frown:

Life is convoluted af. Try finding the person who makes it easier for you
Your self esteem matters
I know this because a boy who’s liked me for ages and I just know it won’t act upon it because he’s in the “popular” group and I’m not popular
Reply 6
I know this because a boy who’s liked me for ages and I just know it won’t act upon it because he’s in the “popular” group and I’m not popular

Oh, that is so sad :frown: People’s attitudes these days are awful. I wish popularity didn’t matter so much
Original post by Ebony55
Oh, that is so sad :frown: People’s attitudes these days are awful. I wish popularity didn’t matter so much

I know it’s ridiculous it’s such a well known thing in high school, but I like to hope after high school “popularity” will drain away
Reply 8
I know it’s ridiculous it’s such a well known thing in high school, but I like to hope after high school “popularity” will drain away
oh I really do hope so. It should be based upon how well you get on with someone, not their popularity.
Original post by Ebony55
oh I really do hope so. It should be based upon how well you get on with someone, not their popularity.

Yeah!! I think when you go uni that’s when popularity washes away well I hope it does anyway!!!
Reply 10
Yeah!! I think when you go uni that’s when popularity washes away well I hope it does anyway!!!
I go to uni in just under a year and a half, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that popularity barely matters!! I guess we will find out soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending