The Student Room Group

any french people who can help me out???

Basically, for my GCSE french speaking I gave 3 of my topics for my teacher to mark however I cannot find them ANYWHERE and I can't go to my teacher as i'm off school rn, so I was wondering if anyone who can speak french could mark it for me?? It honestly wont take that long as it's very basic stuff and I need to start memorising it asap as my exam is in 25 days!
Pleaseee😭😭😭
Original post by sxhxl
Pleaseee😭😭😭

I don't speak French but I'm doing it for GCSE and I'm predicted an 8, so if you want, I could look at it?
Original post by Fazzy_77
I don't speak French but I'm doing it for GCSE and I'm predicted an 8, so if you want, I could look at it?

Can you give me tips for french too plsss
Original post by sxhxl
Can you give me tips for french too plsss

I think vocal is really important. Try to memorise as much as you can coz it will help you a lot in all the exams.
What part of French do you find hardest btw? Is it writing, listening...??
I think vocal is really important. Try to memorise as much as you can coz it will help you a lot in all the exams.
What part of French do you find hardest btw? Is it writing, listening...??

I’d say the writing and listening
Original post by sxhxl
I’d say the writing and listening

For writing, the best thing is to just practise lots of writing tasks on different topics and make sure you include a wide variety of vocal and try to use three different tenses each time.

Tbh, listening is my weakest point but by improving in the other ones and basically learning all the key vocab, that should help.

Remember that they have to add up all your scores from listening, reading, writing and speaking to give you an overall grade. So if you make sure you're really strong in like 2 or 3 then you have a bit more leeway to do a little less well in the other part. But don't take that the wrong way and think that you can do really bad in one part.
For writing, the best thing is to just practise lots of writing tasks on different topics and make sure you include a wide variety of vocal and try to use three different tenses each time.

Tbh, listening is my weakest point but by improving in the other ones and basically learning all the key vocab, that should help.

Remember that they have to add up all your scores from listening, reading, writing and speaking to give you an overall grade. So if you make sure you're really strong in like 2 or 3 then you have a bit more leeway to do a little less well in the other part. But don't take that the wrong way and think that you can do really bad in one part.

Honestly, do I need to memorise every single grammar rule e.g. all the future tenses? Could I not memorise a few and just make sure I use them in my writing correctly to get a good grade?
Original post by sxhxl
Basically, for my GCSE french speaking I gave 3 of my topics for my teacher to mark however I cannot find them ANYWHERE and I can't go to my teacher as i'm off school rn, so I was wondering if anyone who can speak french could mark it for me?? It honestly wont take that long as it's very basic stuff and I need to start memorising it asap as my exam is in 25 days!

I'll happily mark it for you if that's not already done :smile: i speak fluent French eventhough i don't speak it as much more but it's only gcse, shouldn't be that hard :tongue:
Original post by sxhxl
Honestly, do I need to memorise every single grammar rule e.g. all the future tenses? Could I not memorise a few and just make sure I use them in my writing correctly to get a good grade?

Yeah totally. But make sure that the ones you learn, you learn them well. It might be a little risky just in case a tense that you haven't learnt comes up in the reading or like a translation, but for the writing it should be fine. But then again sometimes in the writing, they do ask for a specific tense. Just make sure you do the basic present, past and future and that should be cool.

Quick Reply

Latest