thegg560
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can you tell me why you're choosing/chose to do neuroscience?
Can you tell me what job you'd like to do/are doing after studying neuroscience?
Can you tell me what A levels you did/are doing?

Asking this partly because I'm interested in the replies, but also partly because I'm really interested in neuroscience, and have always been.

Thank-you!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by theggbydealy)
Can you tell me why you're choosing/chose to do neuroscience?
Can you tell me what job you'd like to do/are doing after studying neuroscience?
Can you tell me what A levels you did/are doing?

Asking this partly because I'm interested in the replies, but also partly because I'm really interested in neuroscience, and have always been.

Thank-you!
A lot of this info can be got by just doing some research instead of waiting for replies.
hysterria
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I'm going to do neuroscience simply because I find it fascinating haha. We know relatively little about the human brain, while it's such an important part of our existence! And I'm quite good at biology and chemistry so it's a suitable field of study for me, I think
I've not yet started my degree so I don't know about jobs yet, but I think I'll go into further study first and then get a job in research (either for a university or a company, not sure yet). However I think there's many job opportunities, you can easily go into psychology or something like science journalism as well
I'm not doing A levels but biology and chemistry are important subjects I'd say. For your third A level maybe psychology or maths, but it doesn't really matter so long as you have bio and chem

Hope this helps!
thegg560
Rep:
(Original post by alleycat393)
A lot of this info can be got by just doing some research instead of waiting for replies.
And I know that. I said I was interested in hearing the replies from different users.
thegg560
Rep:
(Original post by hysterria)
Hi! I'm going to do neuroscience simply because I find it fascinating haha. We know relatively little about the human brain, while it's such an important part of our existence! And I'm quite good at biology and chemistry so it's a suitable field of study for me, I think
I've not yet started my degree so I don't know about jobs yet, but I think I'll go into further study first and then get a job in research (either for a university or a company, not sure yet). However I think there's many job opportunities, you can easily go into psychology or something like science journalism as well
I'm not doing A levels but biology and chemistry are important subjects I'd say. For your third A level maybe psychology or maths, but it doesn't really matter so long as you have bio and chem

Hope this helps!
Yeah, that really does! I definitely do want to go into research as well, and looks like I'm on the right track for the A Levels I've chosen to do in September.
Also, this. I'm going to do neuroscience simply because I find it fascinating haha. We know relatively little about the human brain, while it's such an important part of our existence! I think about that everyday ahaha.

Thanks!
amygdala.
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Can you tell me why you're choosing/chose to do neuroscience? I wish to do neuroscience as my whole family are very science orientated but i'm not massively into pure chemistry. I'm more of a biology kid. I love the whole structure of the brain and synapses. I chose neuroscience/neurology over psychology as I'm more interested in the structure itself rather than just the mind. I prefer physical structures haha.
Can you tell me what job you'd like to do/are doing after studying neuroscience? I hope to go into neurology or research.
Can you tell me what A levels you did/are doing? Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, English Literature
purpleorange1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I only did a neuroscience module, but it's definitely an exciting and current area of biology.

Doing such a narrow Bsc will mean if you want to stay in the field, it will have to be related, but if you're set on neuroscience that will be great for you! Play your cards right and get good grades and you can go straight into a PhD and go on to run your own lab one day.... salaries are pretty good, 6 figures if you combine with teaching, Or has a science graduate your free to apply to most professional jobs not requiring specific qualifications
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.71%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.14%
No (93)
26.57%
I'm not sure (44)
12.57%

Watched Threads