Career Advice for Stem Cell Research Watch

Nauman_KHAN
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello guys, My name is Nauman I just turned 25 and I need some genuine career advice to figure out which career route is the best to get a PhD and move to Japan as Post-Doctoral Researcher in Stem Cell Biology:

My Dream is to become a Post-Doc in Japan in Stem Cell Research, I know a few people have done but I need to do a PhD in either Imperial or UCL (difficult :'(.

I have a BSc in Biochemistry 2.2 and MERIT MSc in Regenerative Medicine in Queen Mary, University of London. Furthermore, I actually a Distinction in MSc Research Project.

Here are my possible career routes to achieve my dream:

Option 1:

Research Technician in my field (1-2 years) -----> MRes in Vision Biology UCL --------> PhD -------> Post Doc in London -------> Move to Japan.

Option 2: Research Tech ------> MRes in Vision Biology ------> Further Research Tech Experience -------> PhD -------> Post-Doc in London --------> Japan

Option 3: Research Tech for 3 years ------> PhD -------> Post-Doc in London ------> Japan

Which option is the best and why?
Which option is the most realistic?

Thank you for reading <3
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nauman_KHAN)
Hello guys, My name is Nauman I just turned 25 and I need some genuine career advice to figure out which career route is the best to get a PhD and move to Japan as Post-Doctoral Researcher in Stem Cell Biology:

My Dream is to become a Post-Doc in Japan in Stem Cell Research, I know a few people have done but I need to do a PhD in either Imperial or UCL (difficult :'(.

I have a BSc in Biochemistry 2.2 and MERIT MSc in Regenerative Medicine in Queen Mary, University of London. Furthermore, I actually a Distinction in MSc Research Project.

Here are my possible career routes to achieve my dream:

Option 1:

Research Technician in my field (1-2 years) -----> MRes in Vision Biology UCL --------> PhD -------> Post Doc in London -------> Move to Japan.

Option 2: Research Tech ------> MRes in Vision Biology ------> Further Research Tech Experience -------> PhD -------> Post-Doc in London --------> Japan

Option 3: Research Tech for 3 years ------> PhD -------> Post-Doc in London ------> Japan

Which option is the best and why?
Which option is the most realistic?

Thank you for reading <3
No one can predict this. You have to keep applying for Phds and see what you get. As I've said in your other thread I would be wary of collecting masters degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads