alanpettyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've been doing past papers for my AS exam and I'm getting U's. I don't know what to do now, because it's making me lose motivation.
Someone, please help!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Get your teachers to mark them and then use the feedback to improve your answers.
X_Hope_X
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I agree - ask your teachers to give your feedback. But honestly before that I would suggest for you to look over your past papers and pin point where you’re struggling. Is the structure of your answers?, application included in your answer? extented15 mark question? Or if it’s not any of these then: have you memorised and understood the content/10 core studies - if not it’s VERY hard to get pass a c (not to scare or worry you). This is because Psychology is purely a memory game with of course some explanation/elaboration and application. If your going to carry on Psychology next year (in year 13) please don’t worry or stress as your AS grade will not count to your final A level. If your dropping it at the end of your AS exam then good luck (try to remember psychology is not an easy subject and there is a LOT of memorising so If you can don’t slip back and keep practicing quesiton, and rehearsing content - you can do this! I don’t what works for you as everyone is different, but personally i think music is quite motivating and taking regular breaks will help To reduce stress)
If it’s not for you other subjects and you find psychology boring (or any other related reason), I would say the same thing for 1st year of ocr psychology (with the research methods and some core studies). I’m in the second year and from experience I can tell you the content is so much more interesting - you learn about mental illness and depending on what your college picks (2 options from child psychology, criminal psychology,excersise psychology, environmental psychology.
saltypotathoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
check out my post on ocr psychology https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5303470
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.66%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.8%
Financial worries (50)
6.75%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.58%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.69%

Watched Threads