gizzyparnall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
any advice for how to learn cold hard facts that you just have to regurgitate ? Thanks
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That won't do you any good in philosophy, unfortunately.
CraigBackner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gizzyparnall)
any advice for how to learn cold hard facts that you just have to regurgitate ? Thanks
repetition
gizzyparnall
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
That won't do you any good in philosophy, unfortunately.
hiya yeah theres quite a few facts I need to learn in order to apply them in ethics looool e.g. I was referring to Finnis' natural law cos have to learn his 9 requirements of practical reason and the Aristotle's and aquinas virtues SO just wanted help with how I can get this stuff in my head but cheerz anyway
kodakid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when I was revising for my history GCSE, for anything factual I made a color-coded A5 size booklet and drew only pictures in it. That was really helpful for me to link topics to images, so when I was trying to think of something I would mentally go to that page in the booklet and I was able to map out in my head the different images that I had drawn into the page. Keep it really minimal and maybe that will work for you. Good luck!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gizzyparnall)
hiya yeah theres quite a few facts I need to learn in order to apply them in ethics looool e.g. I was referring to Finnis' natural law cos have to learn his 9 requirements of practical reason and the Aristotle's and aquinas virtues SO just wanted help with how I can get this stuff in my head but cheerz anyway
Ah - I assumed (apologies) this'd be at degree level (I think that's the other philosophy forum, I'm easily confused :laugh: ). In that case, just frequently revisiting the key principles might work for you. I'm lucky in that once I read something properly, it tends to stick in. I reckon the guy that said repetition has it right!
gizzyparnall
Rep:
?
(Original post by kodakid)
when I was revising for my history GCSE, for anything factual I made a color-coded A5 size booklet and drew only pictures in it. That was really helpful for me to link topics to images, so when I was trying to think of something I would mentally go to that page in the booklet and I was able to map out in my head the different images that I had drawn into the page. Keep it really minimal and maybe that will work for you. Good luck!
Thank you thats great :--)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
6.17%
They've been reasonable (67)
41.36%
Not feeling great... (44)
27.16%
They are TERRIBLE! (41)