gizzyparnall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
any advice for how to learn cold hard facts that you just have to regurgitate ? Thanks
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That won't do you any good in philosophy, unfortunately.
CraigBackner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gizzyparnall)
any advice for how to learn cold hard facts that you just have to regurgitate ? Thanks
repetition
gizzyparnall
Rep:
?
(Original post by gjd800)
That won't do you any good in philosophy, unfortunately.
hiya yeah theres quite a few facts I need to learn in order to apply them in ethics looool e.g. I was referring to Finnis' natural law cos have to learn his 9 requirements of practical reason and the Aristotle's and aquinas virtues SO just wanted help with how I can get this stuff in my head but cheerz anyway
kodakid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
when I was revising for my history GCSE, for anything factual I made a color-coded A5 size booklet and drew only pictures in it. That was really helpful for me to link topics to images, so when I was trying to think of something I would mentally go to that page in the booklet and I was able to map out in my head the different images that I had drawn into the page. Keep it really minimal and maybe that will work for you. Good luck!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gizzyparnall)
hiya yeah theres quite a few facts I need to learn in order to apply them in ethics looool e.g. I was referring to Finnis' natural law cos have to learn his 9 requirements of practical reason and the Aristotle's and aquinas virtues SO just wanted help with how I can get this stuff in my head but cheerz anyway
Ah - I assumed (apologies) this'd be at degree level (I think that's the other philosophy forum, I'm easily confused :laugh: ). In that case, just frequently revisiting the key principles might work for you. I'm lucky in that once I read something properly, it tends to stick in. I reckon the guy that said repetition has it right!
gizzyparnall
Rep:
?
(Original post by kodakid)
when I was revising for my history GCSE, for anything factual I made a color-coded A5 size booklet and drew only pictures in it. That was really helpful for me to link topics to images, so when I was trying to think of something I would mentally go to that page in the booklet and I was able to map out in my head the different images that I had drawn into the page. Keep it really minimal and maybe that will work for you. Good luck!
Thank you thats great :--)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (446)
51.86%
No (414)
48.14%

Watched Threads