SophFlorence
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm aware that this is attempting to reach out to a very niche minority... but who has their German A-level speaking exam soon? How are you guys feeling for the exam? Or should I say- Wie fuehlen sie sich?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
angelcake218
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have mine next Wednesday! When's yours and what examboard are you on?
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelcake218)
I have mine next Wednesday! When's yours and what examboard are you on?
Oh wow! Good luck! How are you feeling for it? Mine is the following Wednesday actually- haha! I'm with AQA- how about yourself?
bluenotewitt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SophFlorence)
I'm aware that this is attempting to reach out to a very niche minority... but who has their German A-level speaking exam soon? How are you guys feeling for the exam? Or should I say- Wie fuehlen sie sich?
Got mine soon as well... any tips ? Best of luck!
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluenotewitt)
Got mine soon as well... any tips ? Best of luck!
Oh, have you?! Which exam board are you with? I'm with AQA. I'm definitely no expert, but I'd say vocab is king. Also- make sure you know facts/statistics about the life in Germany regarding the topics. Are you feeling good for it?
melliottme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My daughter had her French this morning and her German is on 10th May, board I think Edxcel.

The french she seemd happy with and got the option she had hoped for which was family.

Good luck to all of you linguists!
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
(Original post by melliottme)
My daughter had her French this morning and her German is on 10th May, board I think Edxcel.

The french she seemd happy with and got the option she had hoped for which was family.

Good luck to all of you linguists!
Oh- good on her! Good luck to her for her German
bluenotewitt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh, have you?! Which exam board are you with? I'm with AQA. I'm definitely no expert, but I'd say vocab is king. Also- make sure you know facts/statistics about the life in Germany regarding the topics. Are you feeling good for it?
Thanks for your advice! I'm on Edexcel, but the boards can't be too different, I suppose. Yeah, the statistics are a pain... at least for me. I was wondering how important it was to mention statistics?!
Feeling stressed right now, but all in all quite well.
What kind of grade are you aiming for, if I may ask? I'm need an A...
bluenotewitt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh, btw does AQA have something like an independent research project as well?
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
Thanks for your advice! I'm on Edexcel, but the boards can't be too different, I suppose. Yeah, the statistics are a pain... at least for me. I was wondering how important it was to mention statistics?!
Feeling stressed right now, but all in all quite well.
What kind of grade are you aiming for, if I may ask? I'm need an A...
Ah, yeah! I'm sure they're relatively similar! I agree- statistics are a nuisance. I mean, it depends really. If you've got other facts up your sleeve, I'm sure you'd get away with not mentioning a statistic. But, I think, on the safe side, it'd be good to have one or two per topic in your head

Oh, fab. What are you wanting to study after? I'm aiming for A, too. It's so difficult, though!
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
Oh, btw does AQA have something like an independent research project as well?
Yes- we have that too! What did you do yours on?
bluenotewitt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah, yeah! I'm sure they're relatively similar! I agree- statistics are a nuisance. I mean, it depends really. If you've got other facts up your sleeve, I'm sure you'd get away with not mentioning a statistic. But, I think, on the safe side, it'd be good to have one or two per topic in your head

Oh, fab. What are you wanting to study after? I'm aiming for A, too. It's so difficult, though!
I'm sorry about the late reply. I had a lot going on yesterday...
Anyway, I guess you are right about the statistics. I could always make up some numbers on the spot though, I guess .
As for what I want to study after, weirdly enough it's maths .
What do you want to study?

bluenotewitt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes- we have that too! What did you do yours on?
Edexcel has rather strict guidelines as to sharing information on your research project, so I don't want too much.
My research project is on immigration in germany.
What's yours on?
Just a quick question: In one of your posts you said vocab. is king. So do you think, it's more about language skill than factual knowledge?
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
I'm sorry about the late reply. I had a lot going on yesterday...
Anyway, I guess you are right about the statistics. I could always make up some numbers on the spot though, I guess .
As for what I want to study after, weirdly enough it's maths .
What do you want to study?

Yeah- you could to be fair. It's not as if they'll be checking whether they're wholly accurate! Oh wow! Talking of statistics...haha. Amazing! I'd like to study business...either marketing and management or HR management. Not quite sure...
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
Edexcel has rather strict guidelines as to sharing information on your research project, so I don't want too much.
What's yours on?
Just a quick question: In one of your posts you said vocab. is king. So do you think, it's more about language skill than factual knowledge?
What a great topic to choose! Of course- don't want to disclose it all!

I went for the German economy actually Quite interesting I must say!
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
What's yours on?
And as per the vocab, of course you need a grasp of the vocab to talk about those facts... so I guess they work cohesively Like you said, though, you could easily make up statistical facts. So I guess that could work with general facts too. Obviously there are some things which you just need to know... like about the German festivals and stuff like that. But in terms of pros and cons of say- being a single parent- I think we could just rely on common sense
bluenotewitt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha was more or less joking about making up statistics, but I like your enthusiasm .
Business sounds great and I guess it works well with your research topic. My friends are hoping to do business courses as well...
Thanks for your advice again on the vocab! Sorry, if I am not much help to you...
Tell me how things go for you in the speaking exam. Just found out mine is in about 10 days...
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
Haha was more or less joking about making up statistics, but I like your enthusiasm .
Business sounds great and I guess it works well with your research topic. My friends are hoping to do business courses as well...
Thanks for your advice again on the vocab! Sorry, if I am not much help to you...
Tell me how things go for you in the speaking exam. Just found out mine is in about 10 days...
Aww! Good luck! I hope it goes/ has gone well
SophFlorence
Rep:
?
Omg... so... it’s done! Yay!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
16.16%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (62)
31.31%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (23)
11.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.08%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (51)
25.76%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed