The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE English!

Hey guys :smile:
I was wondering if anyone else here was doing Edexcel IGCSE English this year? Everyone I know on TSR does AQA so they all have so many resources but I haven't seen anything for Edexcel... I'm doing To Kill A Mockingbird for lit and for plays I did coursework - Romeo and Juliet and A View From The Bridge.
I am!! I did my my coursework on Romeo and Juliet and An Inspector Calls, and my text is Of Mice and Men!!! What poems do you think will come up??!!!
Original post by alicewarren
I am!! I did my my coursework on Romeo and Juliet and An Inspector Calls, and my text is Of Mice and Men!!! What poems do you think will come up??!!!

Honestly I have no idea haha I haven’t seen any of the past papers and my teacher hasn’t made predictions. For language though I think it may be Chinese Cinderella or possibly one of the new texts (chimamanda ngozi adichie and all the other new ones)
You have exactly the same books and plays as some of the other classes in my school :smile:
Well, I do the same. But our school gives us anthology texts, many people are predicting Chinese Cinderella. We may get that. Do you know any good website where we could just go through some points and read up on some analysis?
Original post by Luciferrr
Well, I do the same. But our school gives us anthology texts, many people are predicting Chinese Cinderella. We may get that. Do you know any good website where we could just go through some points and read up on some analysis?

Yeah same here as it hasn’t come up before. I know some of the anthology passages are new so it doesn’t apply to them but I know that there is a website that has analysis of the texts that were on the old spec, called Mr Hoyes gcse. If you search up ‘mr hoyes chinese Cinderella notes you should be able to find it’, also IGCSE English Language Notes is good (the first result when you google ‘Chinese Cinderella notes analysis’). I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by mundosinfin
Yeah same here as it hasn’t come up before. I know some of the anthology passages are new so it doesn’t apply to them but I know that there is a website that has analysis of the texts that were on the old spec, called Mr Hoyes gcse. If you search up ‘mr hoyes chinese Cinderella notes you should be able to find it’, also IGCSE English Language Notes is good (the first result when you google ‘Chinese Cinderella notes analysis’). I hope this helps :smile:

Awesome! Thank You for your kind help. I really appreciate the help. Let's hope an easy text appears and we all pass well. Best of luck! Cheers!

Quick Reply

Latest