Moz94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I am currently applying for my student fiance for September 2018, so the tax year you are asking for is 2016-2017. However my father has been off sick for a large portion of the tax year 2017-2018 he has seen a decrease of over 50% of his income. He is still not back in work and may not be for some time. I am wondering how this would effect my application and if there is anything I could do to help support my application as the household income has been severely decreased the past year. My only worry is that I don't know what my fathers income may be for the tax year 2018-2019 as he will not be returning to his previous job but hopes to eventually return to some form of work. Please advise on what would be best to do.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Moz94)
Hi, I am currently applying for my student fiance for September 2018, so the tax year you are asking for is 2016-2017. However my father has been off sick for a large portion of the tax year 2017-2018 he has seen a decrease of over 50% of his income. He is still not back in work and may not be for some time. I am wondering how this would effect my application and if there is anything I could do to help support my application as the household income has been severely decreased the past year. My only worry is that I don't know what my fathers income may be for the tax year 2018-2019 as he will not be returning to his previous job but hopes to eventually return to some form of work. Please advise on what would be best to do.

Hi Moz94,

We do appreciate that there may sometimes have been a change to the household income from the tax year that we use to calculate your entitlement.

If that is the case, intially we need your parents to support your application with their income details for the tax year 2016-2017.

Once they have done that, if you print off a Current Year Income Assessment (CYI) form for academic year 2018/19 from this link,

https://bit.ly/2GTRkbQ

Both your parents need to complete the CYI, even although only one persons' income has changed. We need to see the total estimated household income for 2018-2019 tax year.

The assessors will compare the total estimated household income on the CYI form, against the 2016/17 validated income provided.

You can be confident that as long as there has been a drop of at least 15% we will be able to reassess your entitlement on the lower amount.

Thanks Rona
Moz94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi Moz94,

We do appreciate that there may sometimes have been a change to the household income from the tax year that we use to calculate your entitlement.

If that is the case, intially we need your parents to support your application with their income details for the tax year 2016-2017.

Once they have done that, if you print off a Current Year Income Assessment (CYI) form for academic year 2018/19 from this link,

https://bit.ly/2GTRkbQ

Both your parents need to complete the CYI, even although only one persons' income has changed. We need to see the total estimated household income for 2018-2019 tax year.

The assessors will compare the total estimated household income on the CYI form, against the 2016/17 validated income provided.

You can be confident that as long as there has been a drop of at least 15% we will be able to reassess your entitlement on the lower amount.

Thanks Rona
Hi,
Thank you for the reply. My concern is that we are unsure of what my dad's income will be for the tax year 2018/2019. If we put down his current income it would be severely less then if he is to get job later in the year. Does this effect the application?
Thanks.
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Moz94)
Hi,
Thank you for the reply. My concern is that we are unsure of what my dad's income will be for the tax year 2018/2019. If we put down his current income it would be severely less then if he is to get job later in the year. Does this effect the application?
Thanks.
Hi Moz94,

If your dad estimates now using his current situation, you can complete this form again, as many times as necessary throughout the academic year, should the household income change and we can reassess your entitlement to prevent any overpayment.

Regards Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.42%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (65)
30.37%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.68%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.41%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.61%
I think it's an unfair expectation (58)
27.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.4%

Watched Threads