The Student Room Group

good enough for cambridge?

hello,
im studying maths f.maths french and physics in yr 12. id like to do aerospace engineering at cambridge. at GCSE got 6 a*s 5 as (did maths and french and geography and spanish a year early cause my schools weird). i just dont know if im good enough for cambridge. its my dream but to be honest my years been hard especially with some family issues so ive been doing **** all year especially in physics and im so behind with further maths. i started french late too (like really really late) so i had to catch up on that for a while. I feel my predictions will probably be only 1A* and 3As. i have my end of years soon. any advice to help me? what could i do to bump up my predictions?
Original post by imadogwoofwoof
hello,
im studying maths f.maths french and physics in yr 12. id like to do aerospace engineering at cambridge. at GCSE got 6 a*s 5 as (did maths and french and geography and spanish a year early cause my schools weird). i just dont know if im good enough for cambridge. its my dream but to be honest my years been hard especially with some family issues so ive been doing **** all year especially in physics and im so behind with further maths. i started french late too (like really really late) so i had to catch up on that for a while. I feel my predictions will probably be only 1A* and 3As. i have my end of years soon. any advice to help me? what could i do to bump up my predictions?

Drop French on the grounds that it's utterly irrelevant to your main aim? If you're not predicted A*A*A you will struggle to get into Cambridge.

Also, what is Cambridge's route to aerospace engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You don't have to drop French just because it's not directly linked to the degree, it shows universities that you have breadth, and a language A level is invaluable to employers. Your GCSE grades definitely not a problem, I have a Cambridge offer and I only got 5A*s 4As 2Bs. Although it won't guarantee that you get an offer, at this point in year twelve you definitely have the time to bump up your predicteds to A*A*A - start working really hard now, talk to your teachers and show them that you're prepared to work for this and if they think you can do it and you put in the work then I'm sure they'll move your grades up. Also when you apply to Cambridge there is a special considerations form, so you can put down details about any family issues and they will take those into consideration when going through your application. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending