The Student Room Group

Mathematics bachelors degree + acca to charted accounting?

Hi guys
I’m a little bit confused with the process of becoming a charted accountant. I’m starting a undergraduate course in mathematics this yearbut to become an accountant I obviously need other qualifications. So if I get my degree and the Acca diploma, is that going to get me employed or into training? Or will I need further qualifications? I’ve done some research today but I can’t seem to find a clear answer. Thanks in advance
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
One my question, is it possible to go straight to acca level 4 after getting the degree?
Reply 2
Original post by Jojorrz
One my question, is it possible to go straight to acca level 4 after getting the degree?

I've never heard of ACCA level 4? What do you think it is?

You probably won't get any exemptions with a maths degree so the best thing to do is find a grad scheme which gives on the job training and pays for you to take professional exams. You don't need any specific qualifications to find a job. Its really worth getting some insight into accounting careers while you are at university as this helps you make a good decision and strengthens your applications. Look out for seminars, introduction courses and internships.

The ACCA website shows more detail about the exam route you need to take.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending