?
Report 1 year ago
its great although it doesnt have all units
Chocolatepizza72
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
next time you use Seneca on the religious studies section, there is a flag symbol in the corner of each question/ information and you can click on it and notify thrm of a mistake they have made
ZainKhan14
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there! I wouldn't recommend Seneca for every subject but Seneca in my opinion is the MVP for Science. I did a mock in the beginning of 2018( Higher Tier Paper 1) if I can recall correctly and I didn't do so well. I got 24%, but a-lot of people didn't do so well in the mock as well which is why I wasn't moved down to Foundation. However when I had stumbled upon Seneca, science revision was made so easy. A good amount of information was provided and I could learn at a fast pace. I did a recent science mock (Higher again) and I got 73%. All from using Seneca. I did also use test papers but that was it. I only use Seneca for Science, History and RE.
theyoutubekid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seneca Learning is acc a great website to use- i got a grade 9 in my GCSEs because of it
diamantes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by diamantes)
I just recently started using Seneca and I originally told myself I would just use it as support but for the subjects they have it available for, I'm using as my main source of revision! Not sure if it's the right choice yet or not - only time will tell - but I am going through content a lot faster and I think it's really beneficial.
Got a rep on this recently and realised it would be helpful to see how I got on - I ended up with 12 A*s and 2 As (7 9s, an 8, 2 7s, 3 A*s and an A^) and I would have to say that Seneca helped me massively, particularly for the sciences, history and RS! I would totally recommend it and I'm still using it for my A Levels now.
RaspberryChewy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, Seneca confuses the **** out of me, what the **** even is this
(Original post by Jordanna26)
Thoughts on this website? Has it helped you? Would you use it as a main source of revision?
sumaiabdirizak
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anyone1234)
Is Seneca good for history?? Thanks
very good
ColdChicken
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seneca is great, I used it a day before biology and another science ( I had other revision also) and ended up with 6-6 in combined science
farazs0
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an 8 in bio, 9 in chem and a 9 in phys using seneca but also do questions for the last week, the topics you get wrong do seneca on it 2x and it really helps!
MaliciousFlower
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
this is an amazing website i use it for main source of revision for sciences, hoping to use it for more subjects, how,ever keep in mind its in the beta mode still so revise with the specification just in case they miss anything out
LWebb337
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well now they have paid extra benefits and the top one is money back guarantee on getting 7-9 GCSE, so they're confident that, if you put enough time and effort into revising from the textbook, you can achieve those grades, that if you don't they will give you back the money you paid for it.Obviously that would make you think that without that it is not as easy to get but I'm sure if you revised a lot from it you could get a 7, however you can't be certain and I would recommend using other revision too. In my opinion, seneca is best for science's as it is a very set mark scheme, whereas subjects such as English and Humanities and Languages it is probably not as useful due to them being more thorough and interpretive (especially English literature, however there are some basic useful aspects on there). I would recommend using seneca more for some subjects than others and as a way to grasp a basic understanding on the subject. So for me I use it for for science's mostly because I struggle with general understanding of them. And I find it useful for subjects you struggle with most/ need help with more simple understanding.
LWebb337
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CocoPops...)
The website is great. However for the sciences I was very optimistic that this could be my main source of revision however it has not gone down well. They say it covers all of the specification but many points are missing and sometimes they repeat the same question quite a few times.
They also say made by examiners however they copy a lot of things from the internet, especially for English. They have copied a lot analysis from Mr bruff.
Overall, this website is good for consolidating your learning and making sure you know the main points but keep in mind it doesn't cover everything. Hope this helps!
I agree, especially with the English. I think for that it isn't the most affective form of revision, for instance with English Literature it is more effective to try and create your own ideas, when analysing text as examiners are looking for original ideas and are more likely to give you a higher grade if yours stands out rather than having the same points as everyone else (by using seneca for main revision in that you could end up with very similar almost identical essays to everyone who does the same)
Zedddkayyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know if the predicted papers on Seneca are the predicted gcse papers for 2019. And if so, how accurate are they?
Kitten261002
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Feedback button every time you spot a mistake. It is in the bottom left hand corner of the card you read.
Kitten261002
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Feedback button every time you spot a mistake. It is in the bottom left hand corner of the card you read.
(Original post by puddleuddle)
Seneca Learning has got quite a few mistakes in the AQA Religious Studies A - related to Catholicism - how can I contact them to correct them?
MaliciousFlower
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
p sure some of the questions are from 2018 gcses as i recognise them from my mocks
(Original post by Zedddkayyy)
Does anyone know if the predicted papers on Seneca are the predicted gcse papers for 2019. And if so, how accurate are they?
solo_writer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've used it a bit and it really helped me to work out how the negative feedback for blood glucose worked
HaliZ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jordanna26)
Thoughts on this website? Has it helped you? Would you use it as a main source of revision?
i have been using seneca previously in the year for computer science
its quite interactive and simple user friendly layout so dosent rlly put that much stress on u
but i dont think it covers full contents and its basic at sometimes
maths is really hard for me to revise on there
its too much to learn and seneca dosent cover everything
angela_12
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seneca's really good, but it doesn't go into a lot of detail it tends to be a bit too brief, it may have been useful if I'd been using it throughout the course but not when my teachers only introduced it and set up classes like 2 weeks ago, when we only had like 5 weeks till GCSE's! Also sometimes it takes a while to get through one topic so its not particularly useful if your trying to get as much revision done as possible!
Littlegeekgirl_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by theyoutubekid)
Seneca Learning is acc a great website to use- i got a grade 9 in my GCSEs because of it
What subject? And did you only use seneca, or other resources as well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (87)
21.48%
No (318)
78.52%

Watched Threads