daisyfleur
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ystone)
i used it to revise loads for science and failed allof them.
tricks you in to thinking that you are doing well.
omg how, can you send a pic of your stats on seneca to see if u really went over all the content?
SnowMiku
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Jordanna26)
Thoughts on this website? Has it helped you? Would you use it as a main source of revision?
I've used this Year 9 mocks and have to say, yes.
It reminds you of all the key info, although it's best for stuff like Science IMO
I use it alongside revision books to revise so yep.
AydanSmith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Jordanna26)
Thoughts on this website? Has it helped you? Would you use it as a main source of revision?
1 word useless.
endergirl123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
as someone who used seneca for gcses i dont recommend it as a main source AT ALL, you need to make notes along with it, reading off the screen wont help at all, seneca at most will get you a grade 6, so I beg you, do not do what i did also use it for general recaps
hweller
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by coolio333)
I use it for gcse science, but also use my CGP book & "Freesciencelessons" youtube channel. This guy has helped me through the whole science course frrr
Haha love freesciencelessons.com guy, such a legend!
hweller
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Yeah I agree seneca is okay for consolidation but I find I can whizz through a topic in 30 mins and not have actually revised it effectively as I'm still unable to answer the exam questions I'll practise
Grade 9 GCSES
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
yes
Grade 9 GCSES
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by anyone1234)
Is Seneca good for history?? Thanks
yes
AyoDaniels
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by diamantes)
Got a rep on this recently and realised it would be helpful to see how I got on - I ended up with 12 A*s and 2 As (7 9s, an 8, 2 7s, 3 A*s and an A^) and I would have to say that Seneca helped me massively, particularly for the sciences, history and RS! I would totally recommend it and I'm still using it for my A Levels now.
I'm just wondering, how did you use seneca? Did you make notes with it? Play music? Read out loud?
diamantes
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by AyoDaniels)
I'm just wondering, how did you use seneca? Did you make notes with it? Play music? Read out loud?
I had friends who made notes with Seneca but I found it a bit pointless to do, I started using it while playing music but then soon realised and was informed that playing music (that has lyrics) distracts your brain from taking in the factual information as well as it could. I was skeptical originally but two years later I can definitely agree - I do biology, chemistry and further maths for A Level (sat maths last year) and I play instrumental soundtracks while doing biology and chemistry revision (for mathematical subjects my teacher says it's good to listen to distracting music while revising because maths is more of a skill than factual recall - and if you can do a maths paper while listening to your favourite music then you'll definitely be able to do the maths paper when in silence with no distraction in an exam). I did read it out loud because I found it useful, but that'll be different for everyone. Hope this helps!
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I used seneca as my only revision tool for GCSE science (except food tests), and got 3 9s. Didn't use it for any other subjects though.
lilo16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hey guys I'm in Year 12 and I just want to say I highly recommend Seneca for GCSE it was my main source of revision for science and it was so worth it. I got a 9 in bio and chem and just a few marks off a 9 in physics. It's so good because it's active learning and testing you so you remember it. Before all my mocks and GCSEs, I would do the entire course the night before and it's honestly the best way of remembering everything. To supplement that I used the CGP revision guide and flashcards which are also really good, as Seneca may not have every detail. Also I would read over all my previous past papers before the exam, cos questions can be quite similar. I honestly could not recommend Seneca enough like it totally brought my grades up. It does depend on you though, some of my friends didn't really love it as much as me and preferred making notes but I hate making notes so I didn't make any.
bethandersen108
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lilo16, Thanks for that info. Did you use Seneca premium to get the grade 9's or just the free Seneca?
lilo16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bethandersen108)
Lilo16, Thanks for that info. Did you use Seneca premium to get the grade 9's or just the free Seneca?
I did upgrade a few months before for like the predicted questions, hyper learning, 7-9 booster etc. but the main course is on the free version anyway and that was my main source, like the night before I would do the entire course (it's time consuming but that's what worked for me). so overall, the free version is good enough and like the premium helped with extra exam practice but you can get lots of that online. I do remember though, in my GCSE, there was a question something about gas exchange in fish and I remembered learning about that in 7-9 content so that was really useful for application of knowledge in different contexts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (87)
21.48%
No (318)
78.52%

Watched Threads