The Student Room Group

help me choose where i go next year

hey lads, so i applied to two places for a levels - A, which is my current school sixth form and B, which is a sixth form college. originally i was set on A, but after having received an offer from B im really not sure

A
local, walking distance
good teachers
siblings have gone there and achieved well
all my friends
business wear (idk why im really into this lmaoo)
but doesnt have as good stats as B

B
far,ish - would have to take a train, then a bus, then walk a bit to get there
casual dress
but 50% go to russell groups
good stats
college - not sure how to feel about this
new environment & people - not sure how to feel about this either
good links to work experience and other placess
known for being social (and im social and get sidetracked easily lmaooo)

really really stuck tbh, was set on A but i have people telling me to go B, now idk at all
I'd go for option C-none of the above
Original post by WEASEL espinoza
I'd go for option C-none of the above

yeahhh and you havent met my parents thats not happening lmao
To be fair with you, I'm of the mind that those who want to succeed will, no matter the boundaries they face. When I was in year 11, I had an offer from a state school and also an offer from an academically selective school where 50% go to Russel Groups (Harris Westminster, if you've ever heard of it?). I actually enrolled at HW because of its reputation and academics but at the same time I felt a little uneasy about it so I decided to also enrol at the state school too (because why not). Eventually, from weighing up all the pros and cons I decided to go to the state school because they just seemed nicer and that was the best decision I ever made.

So basically if I was you, I'd go with option A because you seem more comfortable with it. Ignore the stat thing because unless more than 50% of people are getting Es at A Levels, it's your work ethic that is the ultimate factor in your success.

Sorry for the long post and anecdote but I was trying to get across my point lol :tongue:
Original post by Mesopotamian.
To be fair with you, I'm of the mind that those who want to succeed will, no matter the boundaries they face. When I was in year 11, I had an offer from a state school and also an offer from an academically selective school where 50% go to Russel Groups (Harris Westminster, if you've ever heard of it?). I actually enrolled at HW because of its reputation and academics but at the same time I felt a little uneasy about it so I decided to also enrol at the state school too (because why not). Eventually, from weighing up all the pros and cons I decided to go to the state school because they just seemed nicer and that was the best decision I ever made.

So basically if I was you, I'd go with option A because you seem more comfortable with it. Ignore the stat thing because unless more than 50% of people are getting Es at A Levels, it's your work ethic that is the ultimate factor in your success.

Sorry for the long post and anecdote but I was trying to get across my point lol :tongue:

ahhh no that helps a lot thank you - yeah one of my friends is going harris next year, but shes abit uncomfortable about the kind of environment there too

yepp youre probably right tbh, A is a state school but i probably will stay bc i think i can do decently lol.
bump bump
say nothin them fam

I'd go for the first option, it's closer and you'll saw money rather than taking 4 trains and 2 busses or whatever it was. Plus not like you wont by lower grades by going to option A because you previously stated that people have done well at option A. Option B just ain't worth it.

P.s Give your parents my salaam 😁

aha will do, though I’m not sure who I’d say it’s from
Original post by YouAreAYute
aha will do, though I’m not sure who I’d say it’s from

yh true dat
Just say it's from some bava from down the road, that way 2 people get the reward; me and some random old grandad 😅
yh true dat
Just say it's from some bava from down the road, that way 2 people get the reward; me and some random old grandad 😅

LOOOL okayyy
b u m p

Quick Reply

Latest