Are the US and Europe becoming more communist?

Watch
goglg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
The Ten Planks of Communism are:

1. Abolition of private property and application of all rents of land to publi c purpose.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state. The bringing into cultivation of waste lands and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc. etc.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Trump is hardly a communist. The EU though has its sights on uniting the continent under a single administration, much like the Soviets
hellohellothere
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
*gasp* god forbid the usa becomes a communist country!!!
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not really.

Though there are many more than 10 planks in both places.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by goglg)
The Ten Planks of Communism are:

1. Abolition of private property and application of all rents of land to publi c purpose.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state. The bringing into cultivation of waste lands and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc. etc.
1. Hasn't happened.
2. Exists to an extent.
3. Hasn't happened.
4. Hasn't happened.
5. Hasn't happened.
6. Hasn't happened.
7. Hasn't happened.
8. Hasn't happened.
9. ???
10. Exists to an extent.

Numbers 2 and 10 aren't that bad to be honest.

Answer? No.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If only.

Instead, we're becoming an odd authoritarian brand of neo-liberal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (111)
40.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.66%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
6.99%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (62)
22.79%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.99%

Watched Threads