A Level History Revision Help!! URGENT!!! Watch

L00211_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm doing AQA, option 1C: The Tudors 1485-1603 and 2N: Revolution and Dictatorship, Russia:1917-1953.
I'm trying to make a list of all the possible questions that could come up so that I'm as prepared as possible, because I've been struggling with the course and hopefully planning and writing the essays and learning the plans will be effective.
I've been given a list of possible 25 mark AO1 questions but they don't cover the whole spec and the teacher that gave me them was sacked for teaching us everything wrong and getting poor grades last christmas (so I've only had since Januray to unlearn all the dates and facts I've learnt which are wrong,all my notes are worthless and incomplete, and I now have to learn nearly 2 years worth of content as quick as possible) so I'm not sure how reliable they are.
I'm hoping someone who is doing the same course as me is willing to help, or share revision tips/advice, and hopefully this list of possible exam questions will be useful for other people.
plz help xxx

"Remember each statement will be followed with: Assess the validity of this view.
Henry VII:
"Henry VII effectively secured the Tudor Dynasty between 1485 and 1509."
"Henry VII's most significant legacy was fiscal security."

Henry VIII:
"Henry's foreign policy was a failure."
"Wolsey was an effective Principle Minister for Henry."
"There was a revolution in government between 1530 and 1540."

Mid-Tudor Crisis:
"The main cause of rebellions in the years 1536-1558 was religious disagreement."!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Paradigm
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm taking it your teachers have a copy of the 'Oxford AQA History, The Tudors England 1485 - 1603 (A Level and AS)' textbook? It's the blue textbook with a picture on Elizabeth on the front. It's really useful for practise questions as at the end of every section they have an A level question for students to answer (e.g. on religion, foreign policy, trade, culture etc.), it's also really good for source questions. Even if you don't have that specific textbook I'm sure you have another which may have good questions in it.

Aside from that I can't really be of much use, I'd say just think of questions for the specific sections, e.g. religion, foreign policy, trade, rebellions, government and then centre your essay plans around those - best of luck!
L00211_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Paradigm)
I'm taking it your teachers have a copy of the 'Oxford AQA History, The Tudors England 1485 - 1603 (A Level and AS)' textbook? It's the blue textbook with a picture on Elizabeth on the front. It's really useful for practise questions as at the end of every section they have an A level question for students to answer (e.g. on religion, foreign policy, trade, culture etc.), it's also really good for source questions. Even if you don't have that specific textbook I'm sure you have another which may have good questions in it.

Aside from that I can't really be of much use, I'd say just think of questions for the specific sections, e.g. religion, foreign policy, trade, rebellions, government and then centre your essay plans around those - best of luck!
Thank you!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anastasiades
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by L00211_)
Thank you!
Hi, I recommend that book as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.5%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.37%