The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

types of accommodation at endcliffe

Does anyone know much about the different blocks at endcliffe? have tried to find out about Derwent, Yarncliffe, Froggatt and Lawrencefield but can't find much info, any positives/negatives about any of them would be much appreciated thank you :smile:
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by kazxo
Does anyone know much about the different blocks at endcliffe? have tried to find out about Derwent, Yarncliffe, Froggatt and Lawrencefield but can't find much info, any positives/negatives about any of them would be much appreciated thank you :smile:

Hi
I dont know any positives or negatives for endcliffe accommodation. I'm just going to turn up in september and it will be a suprise.
They are all quite sociable halls (so I've heard) I guess walking distance to the uni, it might take an extra 5 mins walking from the other end of endcliffe.

I have applied to Lawrencefield.
I'm sorry I couldn't be much help
The blocks in the main Endcliffe village, i.e. the ones you mentioned, are pretty much all the same, no negatives or positives other than a couple more minutes of walking to uni from the furthest west blocks.
Original post by kazxo

Derwent is pretty good location. It's opposite the little convenience shop which is quite handy and it's also very close to The Edge where you can hang out or do your laundry. Behind The Edge is the big field where lots of people chill in the summer months and play football so it's a handy location. Everyone knows where The Edge is so it makes it quite easy for people to find your block if you're hosting. It's also good because it's not near the taxi ranks like Howden or Burbage where it can get pretty noisy.

Yarncliffe and Froggatt are very similar. Just a slightly different layout to Derwent but it makes very little difference. The only thing I found with Froggatt and Yarncliffe was because the blocks are back to back, the view out of your window would be a bit sh*t. Whereas with Derwent, you had quite a nice open view (if you were facing the shop and The Edge). Not really important though and shouldn't be a deciding factor. Froggatt and Yarncliffe are very close to the big pond outside which is a lovely place to chill in the warmer months or have little get togethers. Obviously though all this is very accessible from other blocks.

I can't remember if I ever went in Lawrencefield so unfortunately I can't help with that one. Only thing I'd say about it is it's quite out of the way from the other blocks and also not very close to the laundrette.

You'll be fine anywhere to be honest. They're all sociable blocks.
Reply 5
Original post by showaeski
Derwent is pretty good location. It's opposite the little convenience shop which is quite handy and it's also very close to The Edge where you can hang out or do your laundry. Behind The Edge is the big field where lots of people chill in the summer months and play football so it's a handy location. Everyone knows where The Edge is so it makes it quite easy for people to find your block if you're hosting. It's also good because it's not near the taxi ranks like Howden or Burbage where it can get pretty noisy.

Yarncliffe and Froggatt are very similar. Just a slightly different layout to Derwent but it makes very little difference. The only thing I found with Froggatt and Yarncliffe was because the blocks are back to back, the view out of your window would be a bit sh*t. Whereas with Derwent, you had quite a nice open view (if you were facing the shop and The Edge). Not really important though and shouldn't be a deciding factor. Froggatt and Yarncliffe are very close to the big pond outside which is a lovely place to chill in the warmer months or have little get togethers. Obviously though all this is very accessible from other blocks.

I can't remember if I ever went in Lawrencefield so unfortunately I can't help with that one. Only thing I'd say about it is it's quite out of the way from the other blocks and also not very close to the laundrette.

You'll be fine anywhere to be honest. They're all sociable blocks.

Thank you for that, its been really helpful in deciding where i should apply! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by kazxo
Thank you for that, its been really helpful in deciding where i should apply! :smile:

I applied to Lawrencefield but realised later that everyone in that flat are in their 20s so im back to searching.

What course are you doing?😊
Reply 7
Original post by Lostyeti
I applied to Lawrencefield but realised later that everyone in that flat are in their 20s so im back to searching.

What course are you doing?😊

Haha fair enough! I'm doing applied social sciences, you?
Reply 8
Original post by kazxo
Haha fair enough! I'm doing applied social sciences, you?

I'm doing Adult nursing.
I'm at a loss where to stay
Reply 9
I'm doing Adult nursing.

How long after you confirmed your place did you get access to the accommodation?
I'm doing Adult nursing.

For Endcliffe I'd say Derwent, Froggatt or Yarncliffe
For Ranmoor - Windgather, Wimberry or Ramshaw
Endcliffe and Ranmoor are peng areas, trust.
Original post by kazxo
How long after you confirmed your place did you get access to the accommodation?

I think it was about a week.
Original post by kazxo

Not a week sorry.
I just checked my emails and I firmed on March 12 and got the accommodation email apri 6th
Original post by showaeski
For Endcliffe I'd say Derwent, Froggatt or Yarncliffe
For Ranmoor - Windgather, Wimberry or Ramshaw

Thanks
I will keep thoes places in mind
Reply 15
Not a week sorry.
I just checked my emails and I firmed on March 12 and got the accommodation email apri 6th

Ok thank you, i firmed the other day so hopefully won't be long until i get an email.

Quick Reply