The Student Room Group

Sex drive on the contraceptive implant?

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and I absolutely adore him. Everything about our relationship at the moment is perfect, apart from my absolute loss of libido! When we first got together I couldn't get enough of him (sorry if tmi), and it was for this reason that I made the decision to get the implant fitted. However since then, my sex drive has just gotten worse and worse. It's at the point now where I don't even THINK about sex. I don't even masturbate anymore!

As well as my sex drive disappearing, I've also noticed other weird changes in myself that I honestly cannot stand. I'm so irritable and tired all the time, and I just don't feel like myself anymore.

I'm just wondering if any other girls on here have had any similar issues with the implant or any other hormonal contraception. I love my boyfriend so much, and he's been so loving and patient with me, but I'm so worried that one day he will get fed up and leave.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years now and I absolutely adore him. Everything about our relationship at the moment is perfect, apart from my absolute loss of libido! When we first got together I couldn't get enough of him (sorry if tmi), and it was for this reason that I made the decision to get the implant fitted. However since then, my sex drive has just gotten worse and worse. It's at the point now where I don't even THINK about sex. I don't even masturbate anymore!

As well as my sex drive disappearing, I've also noticed other weird changes in myself that I honestly cannot stand. I'm so irritable and tired all the time, and I just don't feel like myself anymore.

I'm just wondering if any other girls on here have had any similar issues with the implant or any other hormonal contraception. I love my boyfriend so much, and he's been so loving and patient with me, but I'm so worried that one day he will get fed up and leave.

The implant is hormonal contraception so yes hormonal contraception can cause a loss of libido. Maybe try a non hormonal coil instead?

Quick Reply

Latest