amjam441
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hiya, have any of you tried the Hodder My Revision Notes for AQA A level? Was wondering what you thought of it and how does it compare to the CGP guide and the Textbook (Hate the textbook with a passion lol, it's such a chore to slog through).

Tried the Collins and Hodder unit books and they were pretty bad, missing key bits of info and (in the case of the hodder) was not very fun to learn from. The Oxford revision guide is basically a black and white version of the textbook. Not seen many people talk about My Revision Notes, so opinions on that would be great.
Callicious
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In all honesty using revision guides seems like a bit of a waste of time, I mean, they contain a lot of the content and offer some new questions, true, but again they're just a piece of literature that you can find an equivalent of online for free :-:

But, yeah; Hodder was terrible, lots of content missing and didn't even begin to go in enough detail. Didn't try Collins, so, idk about that one. The CGP guide and textbook are also both terrible.

If you want a guide, just use Physicsandmathstutor or an online checklist you can find with any old resources you find online, after all that way there are a menagerie of sources and you can pick and mix what you like and don't like :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads