Tips for Finishing Assignments with Mental Health Issues Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! I am currently writing my dissertation for my BA (Hons). It was due tomorrow but I had to request an extension because I am struggling. I have BPD, depression and anxiety. I spend days crying and panicking and unable to breathe over the thought of tackling any of my essays or dissertation. When I read the requirements and guidelines I can't focus hard enough to take it in and understand it. I have been procrastinating for weeks and have panic attacks at the thought of undertaking all this work.

Does anyone have any tips or coping mechanism to help this issue? I am finding it impossible to write more than a few lines every few days.
2007PSanHa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you tried listening to relaxing music when you work? I find it calms me down when I'm nervous about an assignment. It also stops me from getting distracted! Hope it helps!
PrincessTegan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, please could you take part in my survey for my dissertation, it takes about 10 minutes to complete and it would be much appreciated if you could pass the survey link on to any students you know. Thank you Tegan. https://uwlpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jf...ILIodp8sPzTeiF
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (484)
59.53%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.29%
No- I want it (232)
28.54%
No- I don't want it (54)
6.64%

Watched Threads