kooth? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone on here actually used kooth and found it effective? I feel like I'm spiralling but there's no one to talk to about it. No one in my family would get it and to my friends depression, anxiety and suicide are jokes to be tossed around lightly. I've heard of kooth and would like some totally honest reviews, pros and cons please
kodakid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can hear how alone you feel. I don't know much about Kooth, but I can also highly recommend Childline as an alternative! I'm a volunteer counselor for them and I think it's a wonderful service.

Here's some info:
- up to age 19
- free phone, 24/7 (and won't show up on phone bills)
- really useful website with message boards and loads of info and advice
- if you make an account, you can have an online -1-2-1 chat with a counselor
- confidential most of the time unless you're in serious danger etc.

feel free to ask me any other questions!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Kooth is really useful! You can speak to a counsellor over message for up to an hour once a week! The people are really nice and make you feel like you aren’t alone and they are really there for you. 10/10 recommend it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
dartagnankillian
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had my counselling through Kooth and it helped it was a while ago tho
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
independentx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've heard really positive reviews about Kooth, although it's not available in all areas (not in mine, anyway). I would echo the suggestion above - Childline is great as well if you don't find Kooth helpful/if you've already used your one hour once a week
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
Hi, this is a really late comment but I 100% recommend Kooth. I've been speaking to the same counsellor for about a year and half and could not be happier. Admittedly I am still struggling but counsellors can't change our lives we have to do it ourselves. But, if you are looking for support and maybe just someone to talk to when things aren't feeling so great then Kooth is just brilliant. You can have an hour session a week with a counsellor and you can message the team as much as you need throughout the rest of the week. You can write magazine articles explaining your struggles and read how others have managed to cope. There's also live forums where loads of users come together to discuss different topics. It really is absolutely fantastic.
Puddlewump
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've used kooth, and I do find it effective, the counsellors seem really nice. And it feels good to help others on the discussion forum. Im sure it would help you aswell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.74%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
58.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.45%

Watched Threads