The Student Room Group

I need some advice.......................... ......

I have got too many practice papers for AQA 9-1 Maths!!!
I have got about 21!!!! I don't know whether to do them all timed or just do them as practice whenever!!! 15 of them are AQA and 6 of them are CGP!!!!
I am definitley going to do the 2017 papers to time before my exams!!! But what about the others??? Help please...I am struggling to get them all done...I have done 3 already but I haven't answered all questions because it was too hard!!! But I also need to revise for Maths!!! What do I do????
You got 21 papers and you have about 4 weeks left till GCSE or AS. Anyone can complete that easily because 4*7 = 28 days. Even if you do one paper a day, its enough. Also depends on your ability. If you think you are really good at it, then go ahead and time yourself. If not just practice.
Answer them all, timed.

I know it sounds harsh, considering that you have 21 papers. However, if you aren't hard on yourself and you don't time each one, then it'll be harder to adjust to the timing of the actual paper. Try not to think of them as 21 hours of work, but 21 opportunities to learn. Each paper will be different and will show you which areas you need to focus on. Then you'll soon be able to answer every question on the paper if you work at it; it'll be easy! :smile:

If you find something hard on one paper, miss it out and finish as much as you can, timed. Once the time is over, check the answer to the problem and see if you understand the solution. If you don't, revise the topic in the revision guide- that will count as your maths revision and help you understand your weak topics.

Hope this helps x
Original post by AnaaaElec
Answer them all, timed.

I know it sounds harsh, considering that you have 21 papers. However, if you aren't hard on yourself and you don't time each one, then it'll be harder to adjust to the timing of the actual paper. Try not to think of them as 21 hours of work, but 21 opportunities to learn. Each paper will be different and will show you which areas you need to focus on. Then you'll soon be able to answer every question on the paper if you work at it; it'll be easy! :smile:

If you find something hard on one paper, miss it out and finish as much as you can, timed. Once the time is over, check the answer to the problem and see if you understand the solution. If you don't, revise the topic in the revision guide- that will count as your maths revision and help you understand your weak topics.

Hope this helps x

Aaaww Thanks and I love your profile pick by the way- its so cute!
Original post by Regina Mills
Aaaww Thanks and I love your profile pick by the way- its so cute!

It's a Swablu, from pokemon. Sorry I'm a pokedex :biggrin:
Original post by Mehru1214
It's a Swablu, from pokemon. Sorry I'm a pokedex :biggrin:

Hehe, Swablu's my fave pokemon :smile:
Original post by AnaaaElec
Hehe, Swablu's my fave pokemon :smile:

He is so cute:smile:
Yeah I would be inclined to agree that you should aim to do them all if you can. Failing that, maybe you could look through the ones you didn't do, highlight the questions on topics you find hard, and do those? At least that way you're focusing on what you need to revise rather than practising skills you are already confident with. Good luck!
Original post by AmyNeedsToRevise
Yeah I would be inclined to agree that you should aim to do them all if you can. Failing that, maybe you could look through the ones you didn't do, highlight the questions on topics you find hard, and do those? At least that way you're focusing on what you need to revise rather than practising skills you are already confident with. Good luck!

Reply 9
I have got too many practice papers for AQA 9-1 Maths!!!
I have got about 21!!!! I don't know whether to do them all timed or just do them as practice whenever!!! 15 of them are AQA and 6 of them are CGP!!!!
I am definitley going to do the 2017 papers to time before my exams!!! But what about the others??? Help please...I am struggling to get them all done...I have done 3 already but I haven't answered all questions because it was too hard!!! But I also need to revise for Maths!!! What do I do????

I would do them all timed. Maybe you could do two papers in one day in the weekend to get them done quicker. Remember to take a break between papers so it isn't too stressful though.

I recommend using www.onmaths.com. They have papers on their website where you just type in your answer and it marks it for you as you go along. This will save time as you won't have to mark it yourself :smile:

Good luck with your papers; I wish I had that many papers for Edexcel Maths because I enjoy doing them lol :smile:
Original post by Loci Pi
I would do them all timed. Maybe you could do two papers in one day in the weekend to get them done quicker. Remember to take a break between papers so it isn't too stressful though.

I recommend using www.onmaths.com. They have papers on their website where you just type in your answer and it marks it for you as you go along. This will save time as you won't have to mark it yourself :smile:

Good luck with your papers; I wish I had that many papers for Edexcel Maths because I enjoy doing them lol :smile:

Thank you so much:smile:
Thank you so much:smile:

no problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest