mayleigha19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just curious, if I was to graduate with a Masters degree in health and social care what jobs could I actually do? I've applied for psychology with counselling at uni, but not because I want to be a counsellor, but because I want to work in mental health and preferably with CAMHS or a CMHT or something else in mental health where I am helping them, talking, caring ect. I'm just wondering if I don't pass my exam, I need a back up plan and I came across a combined course where you would graduate with a masters degree in health and social care. I'm currently studying Health and Social Care Level 3 and I love it, I have the best grades in my whole department which is amazing! But I leave in September, and was currently wanting to do Psychology with counselling, but for my back up I was thinking the health and social care undergraduate and postgraduate combined, then I would leave with a Masters. But I really don't know what 'Highly paif jobs' there are with a masters in health and social care apart from the obvious normal jobs such as residential care homes, working with youth etc. I want something bigger and exciting hence why I wanna go to uni to do psychology, but that requires like 12 years of study.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're looking at CAMHS and things like that but don't want to do medicine or psychology then mental health nursing might be of interest to you.
RoxxDavv
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mayleigha19)
Just curious, if I was to graduate with a Masters degree in health and social care what jobs could I actually do? I've applied for psychology with counselling at uni, but not because I want to be a counsellor, but because I want to work in mental health and preferably with CAMHS or a CMHT or something else in mental health where I am helping them, talking, caring ect. I'm just wondering if I don't pass my exam, I need a back up plan and I came across a combined course where you would graduate with a masters degree in health and social care. I'm currently studying Health and Social Care Level 3 and I love it, I have the best grades in my whole department which is amazing! But I leave in September, and was currently wanting to do Psychology with counselling, but for my back up I was thinking the health and social care undergraduate and postgraduate combined, then I would leave with a Masters. But I really don't know what 'Highly paif jobs' there are with a masters in health and social care apart from the obvious normal jobs such as residential care homes, working with youth etc. I want something bigger and exciting hence why I wanna go to uni to do psychology, but that requires like 12 years of study.
My grades are terrible, know any other routes into mental health? My GCSEs are all below C/4 and mostly Us, I'm 18. My only other qualifications are level 1 functional skills English and maths.
mayleigha19
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by RoxxDavv)
My grades are terrible, know any other routes into mental health? My GCSEs are all below C/4 and mostly Us, I'm 18. My only other qualifications are level 1 functional skills English and maths.
What are you studying? There are other routes into working in mental health such as apprenticeships etc but you would need to discuss it with someone first and it depends what job you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.56%
England (143)
34.88%
Belgium (31)
7.56%
Germany (41)
10%
Spain (9)
2.2%