Georgieexxjanee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, i really need some help please.
I've got a plan to go and do a History degree, which will be after my a-levels and i've had this in my mind for around three years, my fave subject is history and acedemically it's my best subject! However. My a-levels will be History, Travel&Tourism (purely because it's been shouting out to me!) and i'm torn between french/psycology. There IS the option to do both but not travel and tourism.. however i do not think i'm near enough to be bright enough to do both! History degrees only require a history a-level so the other two are of my own choice, but i need some advice please!
WEASEL espinoza
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just a heads up
DO NOT DO ECONOMICS, Its hard, boring and has a crap load of content
I_Hate_School
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Personally, I’d recommend to do English for an a level as this will partner well with history. Between French and psychology, I’d say French would be more impressive to a university but psychology would be easier and possibly more interesting too. But I would stick with your gut feeling of doing travel and tourism because it could actually open up a whole new career pathway in case you decide to switch aspirations. Hope that helps in some way
A.marie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - depending on your academic skill ( I’m more arty ) but still strive for academic lol 😝 I decided to take geography as I enjoyed and was good at , English language and photography , two essay based and one to give me a break away - and be more creative. Also it’s good as it will be a relief to not have exams in photography in finals - so I’d consider the exams and preasure the subject demands ( LANGUAGES) I tried doing Spanish but the exams and leap was so big the first week I knew it was too much ... moral of the story pic subjects your good at and you enjoy - decide your main one you may want to continue in and choose subject that compliment or help you out if that makes sense ( like my photography )
Georgieexxjanee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
[QUOTE=I_Hate_School;77099538]Personally, I’d recommend to do English for an a level as this will partner well with history. Between French and psychology, I’d say French would be more impressive to a university but psychology would be easier and possibly more interesting too. But I would stick with your gut feeling of doing travel and tourism because it could actually open up a whole new career pathway in case you decide to switch aspirations. Hope that helps in some way

Thank you! It does, i really really wanted to do english language as i'm hitting 8's at the moment but my sixth form dont run it.. bummer!! And i just really hate english literature.. i think it would be wiser for me to do pyschology, but i've but so much time and effort into french, and i'm so passionate about it. I'll give it a little more think, just ine of those annoying 'kick self' moments! Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (64)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (126)
23.91%
Live streaming events (46)
8.73%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.87%
A uni comparison tool (122)
23.15%
An in-person event when available (117)
22.2%