The Student Room Group

Legal - What is the difference between 2nd and 3rd year of Uni (BA HONS)

Hi guys,Just in the title, I am curious if there is some significant difference between 2nd and 3rd year of uni. I am a foreign student who failed one assignment (70% weight :frown: ), and as it was the only assignment in the module this semester, I don't know if I am still eligible to apply for referral work in the summer to improve it.I am really worried, as I heard that as a 3rd-year student I am under much more rigid rules of passing the year and getting graduated. I am massively depressed and looking for pastoral help in the uni to solve it :frown:.I am studying at Bucks (High Wycombe).
Original post by YesThatGuy
Hi guys,Just in the title, I am curious if there is some significant difference between 2nd and 3rd year of uni. I am a foreign student who failed one assignment (70% weight :frown: ), and as it was the only assignment in the module this semester, I don't know if I am still eligible to apply for referral work in the summer to improve it.I am really worried, as I heard that as a 3rd-year student I am under much more rigid rules of passing the year and getting graduated. I am massively depressed and looking for pastoral help in the uni to solve it :frown:.I am studying at Bucks (High Wycombe).

Hi @YesThatGuy

I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with your uni work. I'll do my best to help you. Can I ask what course you are studying with us? If you have a question about referral work you would need to speak to your course administrator about this and they will be able to advise you. Or I can contact them and ask them if you let me know which course you're on?

Please try not to worry - you're not alone in this and there are lots of people at the uni that can help you. Do you feel able to speak to you course leader about the way you are feeling? If they know you are struggling then they will be able to provide extra support. For academic support, we also have the Learning and Development Unit (LDU). I'd definitely recommend making an appointment with one of the advisers there. They can help go through your assignment briefs with you, and also any feedback you have already got on your work so you can identify any areas where you can improve.

If you're struggling with depression and feel you need some support, you can arrange a meeting with our Counselling Service, or we also have the Students' Union Advice Centre who can provide confidential advice and support.

Have a look through the 'health and wellbeing' and 'LDU' pages on our website for more information, and please do let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Best wishes

Laura
Original post by YesThatGuy

Hi @YesThatGuy

Just wanted to check in with you to see if you've managed to contact any of the uni support services to get some help with your work?

Hope you're ok, please let me know if there's any more I can do.

Best wishes

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending