The Student Room Group

Gonna Need Some Advice! - Extra A Level for Year 13

Currently I'm in Year 12 doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics aiming for BAA respectively for AS and then AA*A* respectively for A Level. At the start of the year I hated Chemistry only because the GCSEs were bad, as I got 2 Cs in Double Science. Luckily the school I'm at, let me on a trial and they didn't realise I already knew the Physics AS spec.

Now, to the point; I can pick up stuff really quickly and I have no problem maintaining knowledge from the other subjects assuming that I do (occasionally) revise but would it be worth learning Chemistry as an extra A Level for Year 13 with little knowledge of the subject at this moment?
Original post by delporto8
Currently I'm in Year 12 doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics aiming for BAA respectively for AS and then AA*A* respectively for A Level. At the start of the year I hated Chemistry only because the GCSEs were bad, as I got 2 Cs in Double Science. Luckily the school I'm at, let me on a trial and they didn't realise I already knew the Physics AS spec.

Now, to the point; I can pick up stuff really quickly and I have no problem maintaining knowledge from the other subjects assuming that I do (occasionally) revise but would it be worth learning Chemistry as an extra A Level for Year 13 with little knowledge of the subject at this moment?

1. You have to find out whether the school will let you.
2. You have to assess whether you could cope with the extra work and it wouldnt drag down your other grades. 3 good A levels is better than 4 mediocre one.
3. Is there a reason you need A level Chemistry? It might give you more options in respect of courses and some unis can take M + FM as one subject.

Quick Reply

Latest