The Student Room Group

English Igcse edexcel exam prediction 2018

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any predictions for the anthology text that would show up in June 2018
I'm sure Your guide to beach safety, The Necklace, The last night and Taking on the world won't come but I'm still koi sure about the others, any help would be great

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smehakali
Hi I was wondering if anyone has any predictions for the anthology text that would show up in June 2018
I'm sure Your guide to beach safety, The Necklace, The last night and Taking on the world won't come but I'm still koi sure about the others, any help would be great

Have you had a look at the new specification for 2018. Some of the anthology texts have changed. Last night, taking on the world, and beach safety is no longer on there, they've been replaced. Have a look on the website.
Reply 2
Original post by Questions787
Have you had a look at the new specification for 2018. Some of the anthology texts have changed. Last night, taking on the world, and beach safety is no longer on there, they've been replaced. Have a look on the website.

My batch is the last batch to appear for this specification
Reply 3
So we won't be appearing for the new specification
Original post by Smehakali
So we won't be appearing for the new specification

Ohh okay! so you are doing the last spec?

Do you know if that is only some schools?
Reply 5
Ohh okay! so you are doing the last spec?

Do you know if that is only some schools?

As far as I know it applies to all the students appearing in the Igcse June 2018 exam but I may be wrong,
Reply 6

I think it could be If, Sonnet 116, Poem at 39 or Do not go gentle
Original post by cmoyanos

I've never heard of those?

Language A ?
My teacher said that its very likely for both the climate change topics to come.

As long as My Last Duchess or La Belle Dame sans Merci doesn't come up I'll be okay!!!!
Original post by alicewarren
As long as My Last Duchess or La Belle Dame sans Merci doesn't come up I'll be okay!!!!

My Last Duchess was on the January 2018 related to power so I don't think it will come up
My Last Duchess was on the January 2018 related to power so I don't think it will come up

Omg yay!!!!
Original post by alicewarren

Hey, Do u have notes for the new syllabus anthologies? If you do, can u pls share them? It would be a great help.
Reply 13
It is more likely that The 2 climate change texts, refugee blues, king schahriar and unknown girl will be the texts for June 2018 Edexcel igcse English language A paper
I will be sitting for the Edexcel IGCSE English Language A on 5th and 8th, so i wrote down all the anthology questions that came in the past years (even the Regionals) and it came down to Touching the Void, Climate Change: the facts, Taking On the World for Paper 1. Paper 2 The Necklace and King Schahriar. Im not sure about these, so correct me if I'm wrong.

ENGLISH IGCSE PAPER A prediction ARE
PAPER1
1)TOUCHING THE VOID
2)CLIMATE CHANGE THE FACTS (possibly we might get this text this time because this is not been reputed before after 2015 jan)
3)EXPLORERS OR BOYS MESSING ABOUT

PAPER 2
1)REFUGEE BLUES
2)AN UNKNOWN GIRL
3)KING SCHAHRIAR AND HIS BROTHER

Original post by menu_101
I will be sitting for the Edexcel IGCSE English Language A on 5th and 8th, so i wrote down all the anthology questions that came in the past years (even the Regionals) and it came down to Touching the Void, Climate Change: the facts, Taking On the World for Paper 1. Paper 2 The Necklace and King Schahriar. Im not sure about these, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Hehe Im dying out here!!!!! Menusha is giving advice!
Original post by menu_101

Anyway i agree with her most probably these stuff

but i thought chinese cinderella would come
Original post by MAPADAGREAT
Anyway i agree with her most probably these stuff

but i thought chinese cinderella would come

hi we want get Chinese Cinderella this time because it was already tested on 2017 June every paper have a gap of 3 to 4 years possibly we might get CLIMATE CHANGE THE FACTS because this is the only text not tested two times from 2011 other all the text have been tested
Original post by kevinn123
hi we want get Chinese Cinderella this time because it was already tested on 2017 June every paper have a gap of 3 to 4 years possibly we might get CLIMATE CHANGE THE FACTS because this is the only text not tested two times from 2011 other all the text have been tested

June 2017 was RNLI ur guide to beach safety

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending