Is he lying????? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
So my boyfriend who I’ve been with for 3 years got in a huge argument with his younger brother (21) the other night over something really silly. It ended up escalating into my BF calling him a compulsive liar and asking him why he felt the need to lie about something so silly. His bother (very angry at this point because he hates being confronted) says ‘well shall we tell your girlfriend about your lies?’
I did not know what to say to this. I asked him what he was talking about and he couldn’t give an answer, just kept saying he was talking about something else.
I have asked my boyfriend, he says that nothing has happened and he must have just been saying it to get a reaction.
However I cannot get this thought out of my head and it has caused some arguments between me and my bf because he thinks I’m believing his brother over him. My boyfriend to my knowledge had never cheated but could they be hiding something, could his brother know something that he’s not telling me and is covering for him??
Please someone shed some light.
Sp4ce1nv4der2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I feel like you should probably ask your boyfriend in a calm manner and explain to him if you haven't already where your doubts stem from. Ask him that if the shoe was on the other foot how would he feel if he'd heard the same about you. I would try and talk to him about it a little more without allowing it to stem into an argument and maybe ask him if he doesn't give an explanation then he leaves you no choice but to go to his brother and ask him(which maybe he will hate as it gives his brother the opportunity to fabricate the story).

Obviously, I think you know just as well as I do that there is something being covered up whether it be something major or minor. Maybe just remind him that a relationship is built on truth and trust and right now he's not being truthful and therefore lowering your trust. Don't jump to conclusions and think cheating, it could be something quite minor which you won't need to get yourself worked up for.

Alternatively, you could explain to him how now you're beginning to think he's cheated and if he says you're doubting him explain he created that by not telling you the direct truth. To be completely honest and not to create any more doubt but if it was something minor or embarrassing he could literally tell you anything and you would be none the wiser but it would keep you quiet. If its something minor and it comes out months down the line, clearly he's not being honest. Little white lies shouldnt take months to come out.

Hope this helped and i didn't mean to make any doubts worse.
EmilyH1256
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It sounds like maybe he is hiding something.. does he try to change the topic when u try to talk about it. Or give u short answers for example.. I’m not hiding anything then try’s to make it seem like it’s ur fault n ur believing his brother...if u have doubts u should seriously talk to him n be calm .. or maybe his brother did just say that to get him upset n cause a problem between you two... maybe u should talk to his brother as well ..
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Thankyou for your reply’s, I have spoke to my bf today after not speaking for several days, he swears on everything that nothing has happened and says that even if it did then that he would tell me about it and that we know his brothers not the most truthful and just said it out of spite to get my bf off his back. However I just don’t know why he would say that if nothing had happened. I have also spoke to his brother over text, he’s very short on text anyway and only said that he hadnt don’t anything (not even an apology) I’m so worried I don’t want to end our relationship over something that could be nothing😭
Sp4ce1nv4der2000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thankyou for your reply’s, I have spoke to my bf today after not speaking for several days, he swears on everything that nothing has happened and says that even if it did then that he would tell me about it and that we know his brothers not the most truthful and just said it out of spite to get my bf off his back. However I just don’t know why he would say that if nothing had happened. I have also spoke to his brother over text, he’s very short on text anyway and only said that he hadnt don’t anything (not even an apology) I’m so worried I don’t want to end our relationship over something that could be nothing😭
Take it as nothing has happened then. It if has, it'll come out in time
EmilyH1256
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If he says nothing has happen and u trust him then trust nothing has happened and move forward.. what’s done in the dark comes to light eventually so if he did something it will come out... but for now let it go n be happy...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.64%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.21%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (94)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed