AS Psychology. Psychologist Names. Watch

Marlon57
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I was wondering how necessary it is to remember the names of Psychologists. Obviously it's pretty important when outlining and explaining (AO1), but I wanted to know how important it is for the evaluation (A03).

A good example of this would be the Strange Situation in Attachment. The study was developed by Ainsworth, however, one point for evaluation is that Main and Solomon helped proved that Ainsworth may have overlooked a 4th attachment type.

How many marks would I potentially lose out on for referring to them as 'Psychologists' as opposed to using their actual names (Main and Solomon)?
ellagbrookes
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Marlon57)
I was wondering how necessary it is to remember the names of Psychologists. Obviously it's pretty important when outlining and explaining (AO1), but I wanted to know how important it is for the evaluation (A03).

A good example of this would be the Strange Situation in Attachment. The study was developed by Ainsworth, however, one point for evaluation is that Main and Solomon helped proved that Ainsworth may have overlooked a 4th attachment type.

How many marks would I potentially lose out on for referring to them as 'Psychologists' as opposed to using their actual names (Main and Solomon)?

My teacher says it's not neccessary for AO3 but I suppose it would strengthen your point if you can but shouldn't effect your mark too much.
If you're in any doubt check the specification
Lucypop0104
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You need to know the key studies such as Asch, Zimbardo, Milgram etc. For AO3, as long as you make it clear which study you’re talking about you don’t have to name them.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (72)
7.75%
I used to but I don't now (26)
2.8%